Dog Mange Best Ways To Get Rid

Advocate drop on back of the neck. Dose then dose again two weeks later if heavy infestation.Your vet should sell it over the counter for about 10 quid. Ivomectin will work too but some dogs have bad reactions especially collie types most other breeds are ok. If it's just 1 dog advocate is the best and the safer option for the sake of £10.

• Like 1

I thought you used that to stop them from catching it not as a cure

. Advocate does cure mange but there his far cheeperbways if one has a kennel full a hounds a very week solution of Lyme sulphur cures it and all the fungi seas that can be gotten from fox shit cat etc cheep alternative,just take care how one uses it like most keep aways from eyes . The duramitex was good. Ivomec through the gut safe advocate his a deravative of Ivomec .atb bunnys
  • Like 1

I'm quite sure sarcoptic mange is the equivalent to the human form of scabies, I remember using a yellow product bought from the vet called Tetmosil and you could by sachets of sheep dip, changed days

I had scabies regular has a youngster tetmosol soap yellow bar cured it with age I am now immune lol atb bunnys.

Benzyl benzoate.

i once went to the chemists with the missus in tow and asked over the counter for a bottle of benzyl benzoate ,the counter staff where chattering an laughing to themselves, i clearly heard one say is it him or her . i thought whats up with them.

When i got home i read the instruction leaflet it said " FOR THE USE OF HUMAN CRABS "............it wasnt me it must have been her.

• Like 6

We used to get the liquid stuff and it stained like f@ck we were treated wae it aswell as the dogs,my mother wiped it on like calomine lotion, dogs got it we wouldn't be far behind lol imagine now SCABIES just sounds a dirty word lol

Cheers jiggy I spoke to the vet and they told me same thing I have 6 dogs in the kennels mix between gun dogs and running dogs and they won't to see all off them befor pescibing it to me

thats a money making exercise go to a different vet and ask for 1 tube to treat your dog it's general maintenance don't mention mange. Most people use advocate on dogs 3 times a year as a preventative for mites and worms rather than a cure but it's expensive to treat 6 dogs 3 times a year. Noromectin 0.5% w/v Pour-on solution for cattle will work for mange, fleas,mites and worms on dogs as long as there's no collie blood in them as it can be lethal.It's 70 Euro for 1000ml bottle in agriculture animal supply stores so that bottle will dose 1000 terriers at 1ml down between shoulder blades the same idea as advocate. Pour on is easier on a dogs system and easier to use but takes a week to work. Make sure you do not overdose even pour on will kill a dog if it gets too much. Injection are much smaller doses maybe one tenth of 1ml I'm not sure. I heard a vet saying one time that most greyhound men use noromectin he said it's fine for them because only about 1 in a thousand greyhounds have a reaction and die from it which to a trainer cutting costs it's exceptable as injury would be their biggest concern. Edited by jiggy

Cheers jiggy I spoke to the vet and they told me same thing I have 6 dogs in the kennels mix between gun dogs and running dogs and they won't to see all off them befor pescibing it to me

thats a money making exercise go to a different vet and ask for 1 tube to treat your dog it's general maintenance don't mention mange. Most people use advocate on dogs 3 times a year as a preventative for mites and worms rather than a cure but it's expensive to treat 6 dogs 3 times a year. Noromectin 0.5% w/v Pour-on solution for cattle will work for mange, fleas,mites and worms on dogs as long as there's no collie blood in them as it can be lethal.It's 70 Euro for 1000ml bottle in agriculture animal supply stores so that bottle will dose 1000 terriers at 1ml down between shoulder blades the same idea as advocate. Pour on is easier on a dogs system and easier to use but takes a week to work. Make sure you do not overdose even pour on will kill a dog if it gets too much. Injection are much smaller doses maybe one tenth of 1ml I'm not sure. I heard a vet saying one time that most greyhound men use noromectin he said it's fine for them because only about 1 in a thousand greyhounds have a reaction and die from it which to a trainer cutting costs it's exceptable as injury would be their biggest concern.

Every vet ive brought advocate from has only ever done it on prescription so always had to take the dog in to be weighed etc by vet nurse before they will sell it over counter. Ive took a dog in with mange before and it was same routine. Advocate cleared it up within two weeks.