Which Fac Gun

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will be putting in for shotgun , 17hmr , 22lr , fac air , ground to air missile , rocket launcher , ak47 and a tank for my hunting trips . Some say i should go for more but I think that will do me

An example of Rimfire magic offerings.           About £850 as good as a semi auto rimfire gets,carbon fibre barrel,re worked action,superb.

Hmm, good question   I don't have an FAC so, I've only tried a couple of higher powered air rifles.   A .25 Matador running at around 50 ftlb was an awesome beast but, noisy.   I think I'd be t

Posted Images

Apply the same principles for "tweaking" any sub 12 air rifle to FAC. (Ok springers can be a little more temperamental).

As for prechrged. Specific port sizes. Increased spring pressures. The advent and use of modified titanium valve stems. Regulators etc etc.

Once these parts are set up you have a consistent output of air!!

Shite parts. Crap barrels and inferior pellets. Or set up wrong and things are not going to work.

There's no super rifle. All will perform equally well and as most of the time it's the person pulling the trigger that becomes the fault.

Not having a pop but please don't discuss rifle tuning to either increase or decrease the power on this forum.

I think there may be senable guide lines for diffrent ranges for diffrent call of rifles ,

I all ways thought and don't know if it s right

Fac air 80 yards +

22 80/120 +

I know it's not hard and fast , and both will go a lot further , down to the shooter I suppose

And more important as mentioned , it's all down to suitably on the fields your shooting on , and the safety or your shooting

Fec all to do with range really , if it an't suitable don't use it

Atb

• Like 1

I think there may be senable guide lines for diffrent ranges for diffrent call of rifles ,

I all ways thought and don't know if it s right

Fac air 80 yards +

22 80/120 +

I know it's not hard and fast , and both will go a lot further , down to the shooter I suppose

And more important as mentioned , it's all down to suitably on the fields your shooting on , and the safety or your shooting

Fec all to do with range really , if it an't suitable don't use it

Atb

Bit less Dave. I'd say up to 80 but all will depend on the shooter

My shooting paenter who has sadly passed away used a remington 597 .22 lr and I had my excalibre. It was a few years ago now but my airgun pissed all over the accuracy of the remington 597 at 50 yards. I don't use .22 lr but I did better groups than it and could shoot rabbits deemed maybe unsafe with the .22 lr. I'm not a rimfire shooter but his remington 597 didn't group like the fac air gun but also opened up more shooting opertunityz.

• Like 1

My shooting paenter who has sadly passed away used a remington 597 .22 lr and I had my excalibre. It was a few years ago now but my airgun pissed all over the accuracy of the remington 597 at 50 yards. I don't use .22 lr but I did better groups than it and could shoot rabbits deemed maybe unsafe with the .22 lr. I'm not a rimfire shooter but his remington 597 didn't group like the fac air gun.

:laugh: that's going to piss on someone's chips. I can see dicks being compared. Proper fighting talk. :laugh::thumbs:

At the end of the day it's a learning curve for all of us and we do learn every time we go out shooting

I can't see how one man asking about a fac fifle , when he's starting out can do any harm at all

As I've said , if you don't know is it not better to ask , I would have thought so

Fec me I'm only just starting out (fac) , and I've asked questions, why not

I though that were here to help each other out , with knowledge and experience

No need to fall out lads

Atb

• Like 3

At the end of the day it's a learning curve for all of us and we do learn every time we go out shooting

I can't see how one man asking about a fac fifle , when he's starting out can do any harm at all

As I've said , if you don't know is it not better to ask , I would have thought so

Fec me I'm only just starting out (fac) , and I've asked questions, why not

I though that were here to help each other out , with knowledge and experience

No need to fall out lads

Atb

Who's falling out you miserable old shite