Which Fac Gun

V man, just ring your local firearms dept up and give them the names of your land, ask them what calibre the land is passed up to, a .22lr is a great all round tool, I hate .17 hmr so less said about them the better lol, a .22 hornet or .222 is a much better option unless you just intend to shoot rabbits, BUT YOU WONT, if you want any advice on applying etc pm me I will help all I can.

Nothing wrong with the hmr. It's a good little round and has its uses. Particularly on land I shoot. IMO.

Again as for the advice your asking. Donny has nailed it again with his last comment.

Mine run between 28 and 32 in .22 and fill the bag just fine without having to charge every 2 mins.

If you shoot from a motor or don't require the high shot count then go with whatever floats your boat and is comfy to shoot.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will be putting in for shotgun , 17hmr , 22lr , fac air , ground to air missile , rocket launcher , ak47 and a tank for my hunting trips . Some say i should go for more but I think that will do me

An example of Rimfire magic offerings.           About £850 as good as a semi auto rimfire gets,carbon fibre barrel,re worked action,superb.

Hmm, good question   I don't have an FAC so, I've only tried a couple of higher powered air rifles.   A .25 Matador running at around 50 ftlb was an awesome beast but, noisy.   I think I'd be t

Posted Images

V man, just ring your local firearms dept up and give them the names of your land, ask them what calibre the land is passed up to, a .22lr is a great all round tool, I hate .17 hmr so less said about them the better lol, a .22 hornet or .222 is a much better option unless you just intend to shoot rabbits, BUT YOU WONT, if you want any advice on applying etc pm me I will help all I can.

Nothing wrong with the hmr. It's a good little round and has its uses. Particularly on land I shoot. IMO.

Again as for the advice your asking. Donny has nailed it again with his last comment.

Mine run between 28 and 32 in .22 and fill the bag just fine without having to charge every 2 mins.

If you shoot from a motor or don't require the high shot count then go with whatever floats your boat and is comfy to shoot.

Oh they certainly work, until a rabbit farts and blows that horrid little bullet all over the shop, I would have a .22WMR anyday over an hmr, and you can have it semi auto too :yes:

Oh they certainly work, until a rabbit farts and blows that horrid little bullet all over the shop, I would have a .22WMR anyday over an hmr, and you can have it semi auto too :yes:

Thank goodness we don't have rabbits up here that suffer with such terrible flatulence!!

Apparently our firearms officer doesn't like newbie's having 22lr

What does he suggest? .30-378 Wheatherby magnum perhaps, what he likes or does not like is totally irrelevant, it is what you have good reason to possess that counts, I can kind of see what he is thinking, due to .22lr being very prone to ricochet on hard ground etc, where your .17 hmr for instance is unlikely to do the same as the bullet is very frangible and is inclined to burst into a million pieces when hitting a hard surface, however, provided your .22lr shots are taken (as should all rifle shots) with a good backstop .then the round is perfectly safe (well not for the rabbit lol) provided care is taken to avoid ricochet, .22lr is an excellent introduction into section 1 firearms, dont be put off by hearsay about mr ..... the feo, apply for whatever you like if you have good reason.

• Like 3

Just nipping back to FAC air for a moment, I was in Pickering Guns today where the owner, Rob, is a keen FX user. I spoke to him about the Royal and although he doesn't stock them, he said the feedback he has had regarding them was very good.

Now I doubt for one minute this would float your boat Mitch but I was looking at an FX Impact FAC that he had just taken delivery on today. I don't really like the look of them but the adjustment available to the owner makes this a very versatile piece of kit but sadly my pension will not run to one without selling a few more guns.

The thought of switching calibre and power (30__12ft/lb) must make this gun the most flexible gun on the market today but at £1600 not something I could just buy to see if I like it.

Phil

• Like 2

Agreed Phil

But if you took it back down to 12 f/lbs , it's still fac , and if been used on a perm with out land clearance . (FAC)

I d say you'd be well feced

Once it's up they're its allways up there

Atb

Quite agree David, my point was it is an FAC end of, however having the ability to reduce power for confined area if needed. I was not suggesting to use it in none FAC approved perms.

Phil

• Like 1