The One Show

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've messaged Tim boner of the CA ... I'm not holding my breath as he is to busy defending the fox hunting fraternity ......

Everyone stopped buying a licence,they wouldn't have the funds to show Antihunting programs.

When his farm was plagued with rats, Clunes' attitude was a little different.....  

I think they got more grief because the animals were kept in poor conditions. There wasn't much to see or any clear evidence. It was all highly emotive talk about what COULD of happened. One lurcher had a limp, which could have been from anything but it was pointed out that it could have come from something more sinister! A set of antlers were found in a yard, some parts of animals in a freezer etc and a knife used to cut the animals up with, which is what anyone would use. Basically, deer poaching I'd say. The main guy got 5 months or 2 months as the crow flies, hardly Robin Hood! And nothing in any mainstream daily paper unless I missed it

Martin Clunes thinks it's so unfair that these dogs are forced to do something they'd never normally want to do.

You're all evil c**ts forcing those running dogs to run down and kill prey, totally unnatural behavior for them :no:

When his farm was plagued with rats, Clunes' attitude was a little different.....

• Like 3

Martin Clunes thinks it's so unfair that these dogs are forced to do something they'd never normally want to do.

You're all evil c**ts forcing those running dogs to run down and kill prey, totally unnatural behavior for them :no:

I was quite disappointed when I heard his comments TBH, I've seen a couple of docs he's done about dogs and working animals and he seemed to have a good understanding of them...

• Like 1

I was quite disappointed when I heard his comments TBH, I've seen a couple of docs he's done about dogs and working animals and he seemed to have a good understanding of them...

I think they got more grief because the animals were kept in poor conditions. There wasn't much to see or any clear evidence. It was all highly emotive talk about what COULD of happened. One lurcher had a limp, which could have been from anything but it was pointed out that it could have come from something more sinister! A set of antlers were found in a yard, some parts of animals in a freezer etc and a knife used to cut the animals up with, which is what anyone would use. Basically, deer poaching I'd say. The main guy got 5 months or 2 months as the crow flies, hardly Robin Hood! And nothing in any mainstream daily paper unless I missed it

and I bet 50 £quid, you never step foot on Matt baker ground or Adam Henson there both farmers .Henson keeps deer on his place , and baker likes to see hares and don't mind few foxes about , you be fooked if you went on there , they prob put you on the new county file calendar in jan-feb page :D

• Like 1

The CA and AWL do nothing, there web sites make no mention and make no perceivable effort to redress the continuous bad publicity that is ever tainting lurcher work. Once again the only “experts” are being supplied by the ARSPA. If we had a decent representative group the BBC etc would look to them to answer in these types of cases which would allow a rebuttal and explanation that not all are complete twits.

Look at this lot, http://www.galgoes.com/they’re had a massive amount of bad publicity and in answer broadened there appeal. They hold shows, which bring in the show crowd. They offer registration in which owners can get their dogs registered as a type and having been kept in decent nick etc proving their commitment to promoting health and decent conditions for the dogs. They hold lure coursing, real coursing and organise public protest when appropriate. When Galgos get a mention on the TV they get questioned and so a chance to offer a balanced case. By broadening their footprint they make it harder to tar all with the same brush and so allow them to distance the majority from the few stupid individuals.

We need to bring in all aspects of lurchers, racing, showing pets to expand our numeral footprint and thereby gain the right to speak for the sport. We need a federation that starts to put itself out there with statements to the press etc about these types of cases that go on to promote good lurcher ownership. I did my bit to try to change the status quo and got nothing but abuse so feel justified in now chastising those that held on to their power with promises to change but have since done nothing to change!

Feel better now............

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 2