Is it petrol or Diesel?

If petrol violist need new spark plugs or ht leads it both

It's diesel. Yea gonna get it serviced see if that helps. Just no real power at all out of her

Maf sensor

No. it's located on the air intake. 2 small screws and a plug. Take it out and give it a clean. Also check your airbox isn't full of oil.

Xtrails are famed for the seams on the intercooler splitting which causes the turbo to fail.

very early ones were held in with 2 A/T torx screws, later ones moved to a 5 point screw (bastads), careful what you clean it with, some carb cleaners leave a residue that buggers them up, pure alcohol is what you should use but its a sod to get hold of, my old chem teacher distilled some meths for me to get rid of all the crap they add to it, just rinsed them out on it and left to air dry, as for the intercoolers having oil leaking out most of that was down to faults with boost sensors, they were overboosting and blowing the seals

very early ones were held in with 2 A/T torx screws, later ones moved to a 5 point screw (bastads), careful what you clean it with, some carb cleaners leave a residue that buggers them up, pure alcohol is what you should use but its a sod to get hold of, my old chem teacher distilled some meths for me to get rid of all the crap they add to it, just rinsed them out on it and left to air dry, as for the intercoolers having oil leaking out most of that was down to faults with boost sensors, they were overboosting and blowing the seals

Due to the joints on the intercooler being pressed and not welded. In turn causing an indifference in pressure and causing the turbo seals to fail.

Not disputing the boost sensor pal. Hence the oil collecting can :thumbs:

Due to the joints on the intercooler being pressed and not welded. In turn causing an indifference in pressure and causing the turbo seals to fail.

intercooler joints were just crimped onto an o ring, same as most are using now, when they started failing the cost of a new one was about £300, we got a percentage of that as a handling charge from warranty, when they realised how many we were changing in warranty the price dropped to about the £50 mark, then they looked into why they were failing and found out about the overboost, lots of sensors were changed and they were also reprogrammed during service, complete and utter pain in the arse as it added about an hour to service time but we could not claim for the time and the service desk would not tell the customer about the extra time to complete services, put me right off wanting an x-trail, then the d22 engines started blowing up and put me off any Nissan diesel, the d40 and pathfinder was another nightmare, why is it the japs can make a diesel engine that may be a bit under powered but goes forever but as soon as they make good BHP the b*****ds blow up all the time!

I'd recommend anyone getting a DTC code reader if anything not obvious is going on with their motor if it was made in the last 20 years or so. It can save umpteen pounds replacing parts that were wrongly thought to be the issue, they don't cost a lot;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC600-LCD-OBD2-CAN-BUS-Autos-Fault-Diagnostic-Scanner-Code-Reader-Handheld-Tool-/152249751427

intercooler joints were just crimped onto an o ring, same as most are using now, when they started failing the cost of a new one was about £300, we got a percentage of that as a handling charge from warranty, when they realised how many we were changing in warranty the price dropped to about the £50 mark, then they looked into why they were failing and found out about the overboost, lots of sensors were changed and they were also reprogrammed during service, complete and utter pain in the arse as it added about an hour to service time but we could not claim for the time and the service desk would not tell the customer

about the extra time to complete services, put me right off wanting an x-trail, then the d22 engines started blowing up and put me off any Nissan diesel, the d40 and pathfinder was another nightmare, why is it the japs can make a diesel engine that may be a bit under powered but goes forever but as soon as they make good BHP the b*****ds blow up all the time!

post-13507-0-87626900-1483516836_thumb.jpg

I rebuilt my xtrail engine last year after it spat the big end through the side of the block.

Donor block. Head rebuild. New cams. Timing chain and sprockets. Refurb injectors. TWO turbos!! And welded core intercooler. Clutch and flywheel etc etc. You get the picture.

I should have just set the twat on fire.

post-13507-0-60460400-1483517409_thumb.jpg