Teckles

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's his last boar at almost his 13th birthday.

Never too short on the leg for the hill  

A few recent photos of my two Teckels     The pup, out trapping     A spot of ratting           Out with the Beagles (Bottom right) He was fooked after!  

Posted Images

http://vid93.photobucket.com/albums/l68/stmdirect/20170128_143116_zpsbvspztp5.mp4

Short clip from yesterday - They put out a few rabbits early morning, no catches for the lurchers - The young Teckel got a rat and then they both run a fox to ground late in the afternoon

And my mate doing all that go on, shssssshhhh crap in the background! He never stops

• Like 1

http://vid93.photobucket.com/albums/l68/stmdirect/20170128_143116_zpsbvspztp5.mp4

Short clip from yesterday - They put out a few rabbits early morning, no catches for the lurchers - The young Teckel got a rat and then they both run a fox to ground late in the afternoon

And my mate doing all that go on, shssssshhhh crap in the background! He never stops

noisy f****d your mate :)
  • Like 1

Nice pics Alectoris, any chance of putting a pic of your Teckel up?

Do you ever get a problem with them going off on scent as I imagine that there not going to stop if they come across a fresh scent? how about you fat ferret? if they never put that fox to ground when do they stop?

These are more or less from late spring, his last one.

Got more in the pc, but as stupid as it might sound it is still hard to look at them without having him around.

Emotions apart, I've mostly used my teckels on a leash for blood tracking, but I've hunted boar and deer with small packs of em owned by others and, just to give you an idea, their behavior in my opinion would be a mix between a hound and a terrier. Although they do go mad after a scent you never have the sensation that they are going to get lost.

I'm sure Fat-Ferret can give you more details.

post-93320-0-49851600-1486322290_thumb.jpg

post-93320-0-52945600-1486322305_thumb.jpg

• Like 4