Nephews First Time Out

My nephew is up in scotland for xmas so asked him if he wanted to go hunting. he couldnt get to sleep for excitement. so the preasure was on to deliver a good day out. packed the car on thursday night. up first thing dog in the car and ferrets in. picked the wee man up fron grans n off we set. got to my perm and walked in the dark. gave him my lamp to see where he was walking. sat n waited for 20 mins on the sun coming up. seen a fox walking along and going to ground which he thought was cool. sun started to come up and we got nets down on the first warren. sat n had a snack. (contents of my sons selection box) told him not to tell his wee cousin. ferrets in and one out straight away. he got excited. was taking it all in. asking how to kill it. so dispatched n handed it to him then the nervous energy kicked in on the rabbit n he got a fright and dropped it. ferrets came above ground. moved on and had a dig. he was handleing the ferrets himself by now too. onto next bit and entered the ferrets without nets at this one with only one bolting to the dog so 3 in the bag. drove to another perm and 10 minute walk in then got a mark and entred ferrets and the caught one just at the edge of the burrow so pulled it out. walked rounnd the rest of this perm to all the easy to access burrows but no marks from the dog so it was home time with 4. a happy boy and telling me he knows what hes saving his money for now. to buy ferrets for hunting. post-97507-0-06305200-1483184104_thumb.jpg

Edited by ferretnhound
  • Like 6