Tomatoes

Took the old bitch out ferreting with the pups yesterday shes 10 past and despite rubbing her her donw shes really stiff today and i was told it was my fault as i should of given her a can of tomatoes in with her meat last night , but i thought tomatoes only lowered the ph in the piss and i was feeding the dog them only in the summer time

Bananas and tinned tomato's, makes sure there well hydrated with water or bone broth.

Lads do it to stop crapping,and add a varied diet. But on this one I'd expect a 10+ year old to be a little stiff don't think a tin of tomatoes would of made much difference on this one

• Like 1

I'm with Moja, i'd expect a dig if that age to be feelin it next day, especially if she's not at it constant.

If she was mine i'd give her meals a little sloppier a day or so before and i give tomatoes, with tinned sardines, at least once a week but thats just me...

If her grubs good then it's just down to fitness at the end of the day and though you can excercise em to death nothing beats running/work fit.

Took the old bitch out ferreting with the pups yesterday shes 10 past and despite rubbing her her donw shes really stiff today and i was told it was my fault as i should of given her a can of tomatoes in with her meat last night , but i thought tomatoes only lowered the ph in the piss and i was feeding the dog them only in the summer time feeding one can won't make any difference buddy it should be part of a diet just like bananas if you want to mix it up I have had dogs getting on on age that maybe took many knocks when younger but a good diet and constant managed graft and knowing when enough is enough saw them never cramp up