Shout Out For The Slt

matt1979

Just a little of video of the sporting Lucas bolting from a log pile at the farm recently. I know these little dogs aren't particularly well known and like many types/ breeds there are some shite examples out there, but have to say my little bitch is decent enough for me and suits our needs. She is a tireless little bushing dog, packs well has a bit more brain imo than other terriers we have and have kept in the past. She has dropped in a few times but in the main this isn't an issue and her recall is pretty solid (unless on the back of something and then you have no chance, but the again I wouldn't want it any other way tbh) Sadly not sure many of these little dogs are getting used in the field as then seem to becoming ever the more a pet type and attracting the ££££s Hopefully add another in the future to our little pack when the time is right and all being well get a little line going that I can enjoy for years to come Atb

image_zpsizaaso4y.jpg[/url)

[url=http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/Morrell1979/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsgmoyavzg.jpg.html]image_zpsgmoyavzg.jpg

Edited by matt1979
  • Like 5

That's a cracking little bitch! Really hope you do choose to get a line going at some point in the future, superb little dogs

Won't be from her sadly terrier15 as she was spayed young due to a womb infection following her second season, was gutted at the time as she matures it gets all the more gutting tbh as she suits my needs work wise and has a bob on temperament.

Edited by matt1979

Oh gutted for you mate. Such a shame especially if she is working well and doing a the job for you. What sort of size is she?

Mine is bred different, a dog with Norfolk, jack and SLT him. He is a year old now. He's probably as big as he will get at 11 inch and 6.5kg. Great temperament and is starting to do what I need

Think main reason they not used is because of the price tag seen litter other day advertised 900 notes.

Seen the prices on some ridiculous and the price on the sealyhams is worse.
Agreed about the price tags sadly they do seem to be attracting some chancers after the ££££s sadly there are a few decent folk about having the odd litter for sensible prices if your willing to wait though atb Edited by matt1979
  • Like 1

Think main reason they not used is because of the price tag seen litter other day advertised 900 notes.

Seen the prices on some ridiculous and the price on the sealyhams is worse.
Agreed about the price tags sadly they do seem to be attracting some chancers after the ££££s sadly there are a few decent folk about having the odd litter for sensible prices if your willing to wait though atb

i like from reading what the breed offers and for what i do mainly ferreting/bushin mooching im sure one would be ideal but as you say a high price tag would be a stumbling block for some atb.