Strong Stuff Collar Failure

Guest alcapone

the correct thing would have been to contact aaron if you thought there was an issue with his stuff . its not the done thing to get on your computor and start saying product is shite ,, without contacting him first and giving him the oppertunaty to respond to the issue .

• Like 2

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your like clock work on here.....'why not pm the man instead of coming on here',il tell you why,for that very reason,it dosn't want hushing up ffs. Ive been pm'd to say there was a thread a while back

Why not pm the guy and get his phone no and speak to the guy rather go straight slag off, just asking like as that's what I would do!!

I personally can't be doing with terriers boncing around a dig on couplings myself...teach your dogs some manners... or just spade the cnuts.enjoy the rest of your evening. Atb dc

Bosun11 its everything to do with failure of equipment,thats the whole idea of the topic,if you have nothing constructive to offer move along. As for 'if he didn't know he can't fix it',its more than apparent that he does know and has chose not address the failure.

Not getting drawn into the slanging with the rest of the walts on here,the whole he does a good service sends them straight away is no big deal,in this day and age society expects next day delivery....Tesco and Asdas do online shopping and it lands at your door less than 24hr after payment is sent but theres no rave about them??

Sooty92,wether i have 2,22 or 0 dogs is no concern of anyones......the thing of saying id no dogs was perhaps a polite 'fcuk off!'.

And the whole im very angry,aggressive or whatever else ypu's have put is very true,due to failure of design i nearly lost 2 dogs,only luck i never,therefore id say ive a right to be pissed would you not say?? If the rest of you wiped his spunk off your chins and his shit off the end of your noses you woukd realise this also.

what's different about glyns quick releases? Anyone got a link
  • Like 1

Just a question but what do you need a quick realease coupler for ? Surely when digging there is no need to be 2 seconds faster getting off a collar . I nonif I had been given some collars that were going to hold my pride and joys if have a look in to them first .. however a quick release collar for a terrrier would be as much use as a slip lead on a terrier .

I have a couple of SS collars for using with my Barryvox and I do curse them because with some muck on them they're near impossible to take off a terrier. The nylon loop the collar fits into after putting the pin through the hole is way to tight.

A quick switch of collar is near impossible, but they are near indestructible.

A friend has a set of the couples that Alcapone started this topic about and I've always seen them as handy because when back to the vehicle it's a quick un-clip and terriers are back in their box.

But, I don't think I'll be changing from the old leather reliable's now.

However, if I was ever to go back to the days of keeping a few Bulldogs they'd all have SS collars on them.

Aarron makes the collars not the coupling links he just supplies them with his collars as does Jim from blackdogtrading and, i think, Glyn Jones. I have a set i bought off ebay, mine came undone when the dogs got taffled up so i don't use tem anymore and have never used them on tethered dogs whilst out working.

Imo the only time quick release couples actually have a reasonable use is when you couple up 2 dogs inclined to fight each other

Bosun11 its everything to do with failure of equipment,thats the whole idea of the topic,if you have nothing constructive to offer move along. As for 'if he didn't know he can't fix it',its more than apparent that he does know and has chose not address the failure.

Not getting drawn into the slanging with the rest of the walts on here,the whole he does a good service sends them straight away is no big deal,in this day and age society expects next day delivery....Tesco and Asdas do online shopping and it lands at your door less than 24hr after payment is sent but theres no rave about them??

Sooty92,wether i have 2,22 or 0 dogs is no concern of anyones......the thing of saying id no dogs was perhaps a polite 'fcuk off!'.

And the whole im very angry,aggressive or whatever else ypu's have put is very true,due to failure of design i nearly lost 2 dogs,only luck i never,therefore id say ive a right to be pissed would you not say?? If the rest of you wiped his spunk off your chins and his shit off the end of your noses you woukd realise this also.

why did you use them a second time after already nearly loosing a dog.If they've failed once and you've chosen to use them again the second incident is down to you not strong stuff.
  • Like 2
Guest alcapone

Aarron makes the collars not the coupling links he just supplies them with his collars as does Jim from blackdogtrading and, i think, Glyn Jones. I have a set i bought off ebay, mine came undone when the dogs got taffled up so i don't use tem anymore and have never used them on tethered dogs whilst out working.

Imo the only time quick release couples actually have a reasonable use is when you couple up 2 dogs inclined to fight each other

Mooching celt im going to use your post as an example im not pulling YOU apart but its another opportunity to get my point across..SS may not make the brass coupling just the actual collar,but iys no different to you buying a new car and it catching fire then bmw saying it was a faulty wiring loom but they buy them in they don't make them,they guarentee the product;after all he isn't giving you them as a favour 'at cost' is he? SS is on here and if this was a BF&F coupling would there be as many oposing it? I think not,it always was a case of you can only post what everyone agrees to really on here,its still the same! The coupling is a liability end of,and the difference between glyn jones and B&F is IT WAS SS COUPLING I WAS USEING,had it been anyone elses id of posted the exact same thread. If the dog was killed would your replies be any different? I doubt it,because your too busy giving it 'oooh friend!!'.
  • Like 2
Guest alcapone

The reason i used them again downsouth is i made all the excuses why it happened the first time asuming human error,once is an accident twice is habit. If you stood behind me and i elbowed you in the face then a sorry it was an accident might be accepted....do it twice and id be taking the piss would i not?? Thats my layman example.

• Like 2

this is a known problem, my mate bought a coupling and was advised to cut the nibs of by Arran, I'm old fashioned and use chains and swivels all joined together and joined to collar with hammer shut links, nothing to come undone.

• Like 7

Alcapone I understand your concerns but I think you're approaching it the wrong way. Why not contact the man himself and explain your problem to him and if he says 'f*ck off' and isn't interested then fair enough come on here and slag the product off. You've come on here all guns blazing but just remember we're a niche market and products like Strongstuffs and Bellman & Flint etc are a blessing to us and we'd be in a poorer place without them. Just a thought.

• Like 2

Don't think you need ss or bellman . Any decent saddlery place should be able to make top quality collars leads etc . I do like bellmans leather work . But I've always used my local saddlery place . You can then state what you exactly want then if it's wrong then it's your own fault .

I personally can't be doing with terriers boncing around a dig on couplings myself...teach your dogs some manners... or just spade the cnuts.enjoy the rest of your evening. Atb dc

Ha ha ha ha
  • Like 1