Strong Stuff Collar Failure

Guest alcapone

Guest alcapone

I was given 2 strong stuff terrier couplings in the sumner as a gift but never used them until recently. Whilst out on a dig a few weeks back a young dog managed to unclip himself from the collar and get to ground with no locator on. The design im refering to is the coupling with dog lead ends and the collar comes straight off,i don't know how to post pics or i would. Whilst walking tonight along a busy road another terrier span round and the clasp opened and the dog was across the street,the design should NOT be used by anything other than poxy pets,they are no good for proper working dogs and are infact a liability whilst in the field. A man once told me never buy anything that wasn't designed buy a man that actually uses the said equipmant themselves. Upon speaking to a few lads now its apparent im not an isolated case,numerous lads have had it happen and for me,they are a piss poor design. Before all the dickheads come on with there praise of their 2" wide collars on their poxy bull x's saying 'ive got one on me dog and its phat bruv',save it because this threads not for you. Anyone else experienced this fault and had dogs get off?? In the future il be buying more couplings from Glyn Jones,designed by a man that knows a working terrier mans needs. My £70 worth of strong stuff collars are now where they belong....in my wheelie bin,id be better safer with a fiver collar from the local pet shop than the dirt ive just binned.

Edited by alcapone
  • Like 2

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your like clock work on here.....'why not pm the man instead of coming on here',il tell you why,for that very reason,it dosn't want hushing up ffs. Ive been pm'd to say there was a thread a while back

Why not pm the guy and get his phone no and speak to the guy rather go straight slag off, just asking like as that's what I would do!!

I personally can't be doing with terriers boncing around a dig on couplings myself...teach your dogs some manners... or just spade the cnuts.enjoy the rest of your evening. Atb dc

Guest alcapone

Foxdropper the reason its so blunt is the dog that got off is a first class digging animal,if it was run over the post would of been a whole lot more blunt!! You cannot put a price on a class digging dog,and to put a piece of sub standard shit around its neck everyone should know about it.

• Like 3

I really rate the collars for strength etc but Im totally with you on the clips. And all my mates say the same. For some reason the dogs seem to be able to unclip them really easy. I'd say it's more to do with where he's sourcing the clips from rather than his designs. The trigger on the clips seems to sit too proud of the clip and are easy to snag and come loose. Im sure he'd listen to constructive criticism and take what you're saying on board. I've always found him to offer a great service and posts stuff literally the same day you order it.

I have strong stuff coupleso with the quick release collars on have heard of this before on here but haven't had it happen but have ground down the trigger clips like in above picture as that was also recommend on here by someone as a remedy

• Like 1
Guest alcapone

Your like clock work on here.....'why not pm the man instead of coming on here',il tell you why,for that very reason,it dosn't want hushing up ffs. Ive been pm'd to say there was a thread a while back about the same thing,therefore he has done fcukall,and why soend £35 on a coupling then have to modify it yourself? You wouldn't buy a locator that you had to 'fix' before you used it would you?? If your on here to arse lick for the man don't bother,this is an ongoing fault that can cost a worthy animal its life,use it if you want,its your dog but mine are safely in the bin and thats where they will stay. 'pm him and do it in private',thats whays wrong with you all you have no fcukin backbone and thats the reason the sports fcukd.

• Like 8

I've never really liked the lurcher or terrier collars tbh . (Although he is a decent bloke to deal with ) . Don't think you can beat a good quality leather with brass couplers . And the old pit bull type snap clips .

• Like 1