Cramp

Can any of you reccomend good remedys etc for cramp.

The dog aint been out today but has had cramp 3 times.

Only in the back right thigh.

He's letting out 1 hell of a scream and Trying his best to nibble the area.

After 5 mins of massaging he's fine.

He's had 3 lots of cramp when out the last 5 weeks.

Cheers king.

ive read on here before about puttin a tin of chopped tomatoes in with the dogs food helps. don't know how true it is though.

I've read that on here before mate.

I think it was mentioned that there is potassium in them or something.

I would say he/she has muscle injury or trapped up and travelling down leg, is dog in kennels ? Is it a hyperactive dog ? Was doing relaxing and just cramped or had it been running around ?

Dogs in the house in a big cage.

Very laid back temperament not hyper at all.

Dog was lying down relaxing hadn't been running about at all mate.

Cramp just came on from nowhere.

Possible muscle injury slight tear maybe get checked out take it from there if nothing wrong look at diet cut red meat out drop protein etc let us know how you get on cheers.Theres lots of things you can use for cramp but if cramping up for no reason they possibly won't work as there to prevent cramp while running lactic acid red blood cells etc.

Possible muscle injury slight tear maybe get checked out take it from there if nothing wrong look at diet cut red meat out drop protein etc let us know how you get on cheers.Theres lots of things you can use for cramp but if cramping up for no reason they possibly won't work as there to prevent cramp while running lactic acid red blood cells etc.

I will get him seen mate.thanks for the reply.

I used to feed sardines in tomatoe sauce, but whether it was that or finding his gears and maturity that reduced the cramps I don't know, it normally common when near peak condition in athletes, but that said I get it a bit especially in calves and I definitely ain't no athlete haha.

I feed them and sardines in sunflower oil Joe.

I haven't upped his exercise much to what he normally gets.

He did hit a low lying barb wire fence and some speed a few weeks back but only had front damage tears cuts etc.