Pensions

I pay into a works pension though it will be worth peanuts when i retire i also get a pension now from the MWPS (pit pension) and the wife has just took a lump sum out of her SA Council pension that she paid into for over 20 years but we will still have to rely on the state pension.

I don't have a pension mate, I'm in my forties mate and I reckon the generation before me were the lucky ones. My old man has it sorted god bless him. Just missed the war, has that 'old fashioned' values having lived in a frugal era and values things in today's throw away society.....but has a pension that is wort something...I'm lucky and have a few fingers in..

• Like 1

Iam kinda wishing I sorted it all out years ago we have got the people pension at work and it's never going too be enuf I was calculating the day I'll be 67 before I could even semi retire and that's even if I pull my finger out get my debts paid off and a house bought within 5 years wish I bought some mutual funds or something back when I was younger but it's trying to figure out were too put money the now too hopefully retire a little earlier then 70

Oddly enough I have been reading about pensions today, I was getting a bit worried as I have always worked but they have been part time jobs where I dont pay tax or ni contributions.

I have paid ni contributions in the past at times but no where near the 30 years I need to get a full pension, apparently if you have 10 years or less of contributions you WONT get a pension unless you make up the shortfall of ni contributions

This is a big worry for me as I bring in less than 100 quid a week & dont relish the though of having to pay out a sizeable chunk of my earning to make up the contributions.

I am up shit creek I think :laugh:

just get on the dla bandwagon before yer 65 plus yer rent paid plus the pension,car paid for,foods cheap now.what else do you need

Good advise lol it pisses me off me and the wife pay tax on the pensions we now get and no doubt will pay tax on them when we both have to stop working.

just get on the dla bandwagon before yer 65 plus yer rent paid plus the pension,car paid for,foods cheap now.what else do you need

its not easy too qualify for that any more I damaged 2 vertebraes and 3 disks a while back there and they would not give me dla because I could still walk and was waiting for surgery I ended up living of 70 quid a week sick pay for a whole year I can't see the govermeant in power relaxing them laws either

Oddly enough I have been reading about pensions today, I was getting a bit worried as I have always worked but they have been part time jobs where I dont pay tax or ni contributions.

I have paid ni contributions in the past at times but no where near the 30 years I need to get a full pension, apparently if you have 10 years or less of contributions you WONT get a pension unless you make up the shortfall of ni contributions

This is a big worry for me as I bring in less than 100 quid a week & dont relish the though of having to pay out a sizeable chunk of my earning to make up the contributions.

I am up shit creek I think :laugh:

is there not thing if you've done 15 years though your still intitled too some though Kay