Led Vs Halogen Or Whatever It Is.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me and Fieldsporthunter had the plr500 and the striker out last night scanned the field with the 500 then scanned it with the striker we missed loads of rabbits with the 500 doesn't show up the eyes a

For any man serious at the Lamping game a good lamp is essential , 100w halogen light takes some beating it's a good light and makes spotting a doddle. Dare I say the LED as started to come along wi

I've been lamping with led the last two seasons and got disheartened, thought my dogs were shit, thought I couldn't see (which is true) and ended up going out less and less. This year I resurrected th

Sure the lightforce enforcer can be cordless but I don't think the battery's are up to much? Sure I read/heard you get 1/2 hour constant? So ok for a quik shine maybe? Also I agree about halogen, I've gone back to halogen now and have easy spotted run and caught more, on the same land I thought was was looking bloody barren not long ago when I was using the led.

i personally think halogen is best by far but when is gaz going out with MIK and compare the two.?

I will be comparing the 2 tomorrow night mate. Not with MIK mind.

Gonna be on some real big land with my D Lloyd 150, D Lloyd 120 and the lightforce blitz 240.

Unfortunately I won't be back on to post my findings. Just about had enough of the muppets on here so gonna say goodbye. It's a shame cuz there's some top lads on here and I enjoy posting my pics. But it's hot around my area at the moment. Wildlife copper is on the ball. I've had knocks on the door before and the last thing I need is people who haven't got a clue what they're talking about posting absolute nonsense. It just draws unwanted attention.

Keep an eye on my YouTube page. I will post a video of the lamps.

All the best lads ?

Bye gareth

i personally think halogen is best by far but when is gaz going out with MIK and compare the two.?

I will be comparing the 2 tomorrow night mate. Not with MIK mind.

Gonna be on some real big land with my D Lloyd 150, D Lloyd 120 and the lightforce blitz 240.

Unfortunately I won't be back on to post my findings. Just about had enough of the muppets on here so gonna say goodbye. It's a shame cuz there's some top lads on here and I enjoy posting my pics. But it's hot around my area at the moment. Wildlife copper is on the ball. I've had knocks on the door before and the last thing I need is people who haven't got a clue what they're talking about posting absolute nonsense. It just draws unwanted attention.

Keep an eye on my YouTube page. I will post a video of the lamps.

All the best lads

I feel like this nearly every time I look on this site gaz! Lol, but with 15000 posts on here, perhaps you've just worn yourself down lol. Just don't get into things people write on here too much, or overthink things.

There are many people on here that shouldn't really own dogs, you know what I'm saying.

You look after your dogs well, they always look in good nick, and also to be fair, you do share quite alot of pics of your days out etc.

Just have a break from this site for a couple of weeks :thumbs:

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 2

I hear a lot of what people like and not much on what the dogs like ,after running dogs on one kind of lamp from a young age it must be hard on a dog to change ,they do get used to the spread on the beam and will a change of lamp say going to a tighter beam or a different bulb not confuse the dogs a little ?I say yes they do over the time master the lamp you use and a change does have an inpacked on a dogs catch rate ,maybe it could also be a danger to fast dogs ,I do like them old colemans were the light just dies back ,when you get used to the switch you can half press it and they act as a dimmer ,them were top lamps with excellent switches ,I don't like the click button ones even on my blitz I end up holding the button in half way just till the lamp goes off then my next slip I don't hear that click click ,you end up with click shy rabbits lol atb bobza

I've been lamping with led the last two seasons and got disheartened, thought my dogs were shit, thought I couldn't see (which is true) and ended up going out less and less. This year I resurrected the old striker and lithium and have been loving it. My dogs still are not brilliant but seem better than they have been. Maybe it's the lamp, maybe it's my crap eyes but I'm going to stick with halogen for serious nights out and just use for the led for walking tye dogs

• Like 3

no one listens to me...told you all years ago...Halogen... when led is the same color temperature as halogen it will be perfect...its possible but for some reason they all think we want blue/white light and not natural looking halogen.

Its like black and white for Led and color for Halogen when your gazing out over the fields with a bright light...try it when you compare.

Has anybody bought a decent led torch? I haven't lamped for a while now, but tried a few different lamps over the years, only tried one led lamp, but it had way too tight a beam.

So just wondering if anybody lamped with a led torch.

Edited by wuyang

Torches not really ideal for lamping, but for the odd hour here and there. You can get some quite good torches these days most run on 18650 batteries......, but I have one that runs on AA batteries and it's got a decent beam....if I can find a vid on the beam 10 mins I'll post up.

Just wondered about torches, because some you can choose the led tint, instead of been cool white you can go for something a bit more warmer.

Edited by wuyang

It's been a long time since I've done any lamping so it's not really something I can give advice about. If you're looking for a bright torch have a look at some of the powerful Fenix's, they give out an untinted white light:

http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/searchlight-torches.html

Yep, there's some powerful torches out there......with crazy throw...I can't understand why lamp makers make there lamps so big...as long as it can cope with the heat of the led and have a constant current your half way there.....your always going to lose some brightness not using the cool white, but you get better colour rendering/ indentification.

The latest hl leds are dedomed and good for throw giving better intensity. good torches arnt cheap though.

if you are comparing a led to a halogen ,at least compare like for like. A 240 blitz is fecking huge ,a 120 is tiny in comparison ,maybe a more realistic comparison would be a 140 or 170

ive compared the enforcer 140 to a dloyyd 150 and the enforcer was far better imo. but it needs a battery and cables are b*****ds lol the 150 is a cracking lamp for the price but it doesn't cut it next to a halogen.

• Like 1