Led Vs Halogen Or Whatever It Is.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me and Fieldsporthunter had the plr500 and the striker out last night scanned the field with the 500 then scanned it with the striker we missed loads of rabbits with the 500 doesn't show up the eyes a

For any man serious at the Lamping game a good lamp is essential , 100w halogen light takes some beating it's a good light and makes spotting a doddle. Dare I say the LED as started to come along wi

I've been lamping with led the last two seasons and got disheartened, thought my dogs were shit, thought I couldn't see (which is true) and ended up going out less and less. This year I resurrected th

i personally think halogen is best by far but when is gaz going out with MIK and compare the two.?

I will be comparing the 2 tomorrow night mate. Not with MIK mind.

Gonna be on some real big land with my D Lloyd 150, D Lloyd 120 and the lightforce blitz 240.

Unfortunately I won't be back on to post my findings. Just about had enough of the muppets on here so gonna say goodbye. It's a shame cuz there's some top lads on here and I enjoy posting my pics. But it's hot around my area at the moment. Wildlife copper is on the ball. I've had knocks on the door before and the last thing I need is people who haven't got a clue what they're talking about posting absolute nonsense. It just draws unwanted attention.

Keep an eye on my YouTube page. I will post a video of the lamps.

All the best lads ?

• Like 1

Me and Fieldsporthunter had the plr500 and the striker out last night scanned the field with the 500 then scanned it with the striker we missed loads of rabbits with the 500 doesn't show up the eyes as good imo the striker is a better lamp altogether so yes I pick the halogen over the led

• Like 5

I'm interested in hearing about that outing too. Be good to see what I can learn from it.

On another note I got an led lenser i9r given at christmas. This is only a small torch (under 8 inches) but seems to have a decent beam for such a little thing. Looks very white though and seems to light up the ground without lighting game. I haven't lamped with it yet but did walk up the fields to see what it was like. It picked up running rabbits ok but when a fox was in the beam it disappeared as soon as it looked away (as they do).

Gaz mate, sorry to hear your signing off. Good luck and hope all goes OK for you.

i personally think halogen is best by far but when is gaz going out with MIK and compare the two.?

Gonna be on some real big land with my D Lloyd 150, D Lloyd 120 and the lightforce blitz 240.

Unfortunately I won't be back on to post my findings. Just about had enough of the muppets on here so gonna say goodbye. It's a shame cuz there's some top lads on here and I enjoy posting my pics. But it's hot around my area at the moment. Wildlife copper is on the ball. I've had knocks on the door before and the last thing I need is people who haven't got a clue what they're talking about posting absolute nonsense. It just draws unwanted attention.

All the best lads ?

A real shame you feel the need to stop posting on here pal, always enjoy your write ups and pics.

• Like 1

All the best lads

Shit that mate. i enjoyed reading about your trips out with the bull cocker. In the short time iv been on this site i can see its gone down hill. Shame really there wont be many decent people left on here soon atb with the dogs mate have a good new years.

For any man serious at the Lamping game a good lamp is essential , 100w halogen light takes some beating it's a good light and makes spotting a doddle.

Dare I say the LED as started to come along with me more of late As I want to give it another shot I llike how easy and hassle free no leed and battery is if nothing else, I know many spots that hold a lot of rabbits and so I took both me lamps to compare and Gospel is I've glanced across with the LED and see the odd glimmers of eye shine I have then lit up old striker and field appears to be heaving. Weather it's my poor eyes witch I new we're bad but not that bad, or may be I am so used to halogen light and not LED ? I belive it's very easy to go across the top of rabbits with the LED compare to halogen. And also the LED beam suffers with the slightest of mist when the temp drops. This being said. I do think for poking about there ok. I've bought a few and have been disappointed. Got another plr500 to give a good go for now to soon for me to say weather id rely on it. Who knows? id love a cordless halogen ...

• Like 3

I agree. I like my blitz variable and 14ah lithium for serious hunting but the led lenser I got at christmas will fit in my pocket and is great for those days when it's dark when I go to work and dark again when I get back. Dogs need to be exercised still and it's perfect for a walk round the fields.

Edited by Maximus Ferret