Boxing Day Hunt ?

Who turned out today, to show their support for their local Hunt?

Me and the bestie had the usual grand morning out with the Oakley.

Nice weather (dry, but a bit windy) and a couple of wee snifters - purely for medicinal purposes, of course.

One Xmas tradition I wouldn't miss for the world !

• Like 1

I always attend my local meet, holderness hunt, if it does not interfere with my shooting or ferreting, but what annoys me is the looks i get from the mounted gentry? When they see me there with my lurchers, i wonder if they would turn out for us lurcher lads, if we had a special day in the calendar. I think not.

• Like 2

I always attend my local meet, holderness hunt, if it does not interfere with my shooting or ferreting, but what annoys me is the looks i get from the mounted gentry? When they see me there with my lurchers, i wonder if they would turn out for us lurcher lads, if we had a special day in the calendar. I think not.

Don't judge 'hunting people' by the odd person on a horse. Alot of those on horses at Christmas meets arnt hunting people, they are just there for the day...And certainly arnt gentry! They pay to be there and their money is appreciated. I'd do anything for any sportsman....Terriers lurchers the lot....So would most of the real hunting people and hunt staff! I still might look at you sideways if you were a strange face with a handy looking lurcher!!!

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 2

No, they wouldn't !

Your no the only one, they look at me like that when they come to my farm to hunt.