Beddy Bull

General lee

I run about with lads who have a small pack.mixture of beagle terriers and beaglexcocker.I know 100% they will hunt any cover.they will smash rabbits about for fun.never tire out .for them lads to add bull to the mix would be like putting a trap door on a canoe.!

eacb to there own . That's like saying why have a bull x when a deerhound can do what a bull x can or why have a saluki x when a collie cross can do what a saluki can ? Truth of the mater is any dog of any breed will bush any lurcher be it bull collie saluki or deerhound will still catch rabbit hare fox and deer but why do we have what we have ?? Because it's personal preference ... the thought of your mates adding bull blood would be like having a trap door on a cannoo ... same as for some of my mates adding begal blood would be like having a marshmallow padlock

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a day out last year with gaz an tommy with the ferrets , top blokes imo. I don't think any of us come across on the internet as we are in real life...   Everybody turns in to Spartacus after a

Yeh I know what you're saying.   Mine is a bitch mate. The brother is a good 10lb heavier. Maybe more.   This is as far to ground as my bitch goes. She marks really well but never tries to dig in o

gaz writes good posts, days out with his daughter. You seem to think you have this amazing pack of beagle xs that nobody gives a f**k about. Your an immature muppet. Which is quite obvious in the way

Navek what you say makes sense. I think the right cocker and bull have been used I don't think it would pay of the same if people started breeding this X from average dogs, how ever as keen as they are there different routes you could take them to produce even better animals. I personally wouldnt use a spaniel again but think a beagle X cocker would offer them a lot more, or if it was me I'd be going down the straight beagle route. Time will tell and hopefully some good things will come from these little dogs.

It depends what you need and the land you hunt doesn't it. I've got no use for beagle blood at all where I work my dogs at the moment. If that changed in the future then maybe my need for beagle blood would also ?
So what kind of land do you need to run beagle x's on then Gaz?
I woud imagine big moors and hill sides?

What would you need beagle blood for in small fields and woods?

I work the same/similar land to Navek and he's spot on above I reckon.

I work similar land to and I doubt there's much that would beat a beagle X at this game there made for te job, you imagined wrong Gaz but like usual with your limited experience you know it all !!! Like I've said to use before I've seen these bull cockers run even been offered one or two but they wouldn't suit my needs, it takes a certain type to bush foxs day in day out. I got a beagle cocker pup here 10 1/2 months old working very well singing on fox smashes cover here as she has been doing for the last few months, I wouldn't mind seeing how she fairs to the beagle bulls after her second season when she matures a bit more.
Limited experience. Lol. Who are you then mr know it all?

Another one with more usernames than he's had dogs ?

I wouldn't know anything about beagle bulls. Never seen one.

If you want see how it fairs against a bull cocker then drop me a message. I would like to see what beagle blood brings to the table when working small fields and hedgerows ?

Edited to add - you say the beagle is made for the job. Beagles are hounds, originally bred for following a line on hare and tracking deer.

They weren't bred for bushing foxes.

But obviously you know better than me so I must be wrong.

No worries Gaz would love that your bitch has had two seasons now just let me get this pup half way through another as she still a little pup push at times and we will take them both out and see what there about. you've had a Plummer no w this dog a few months and you know everything about bushing ?

No worries Gaz would love that your bitch has had two seasons now just let me get this pup half way through another as she still a little pup push at times and we will take them both out and see what there about. you've had a Plummer no w this dog a few months and you know everything about bushing ?

Not sure where I've said I know everything about bushing?

I was posting pics of my bushing dog on here in 2010 so not sure where you get that plummer was my first busher but hey ho. We're all still learning aren't we ?

And as for her having 2 seasons? What's that all about? She's 20 months old and had hardly been out when I got her. Lol. Like I say. We're all still learning ?

She'd seen work before you had she was bought as a worker, you been on here for years thinking you know it all I don't think I speak for myself here when a say your very irritating on here With your bullshit comments on things you know nothing about !!!

She'd seen work before you had she was bought as a worker, you been on here for years thinking you know it all I don't think I speak for myself here when a say your very irritating on here With your bullshit comments on things you know nothing about !!!

Well you can't please all the people all the time ?

You're trying tell me what dogs I've had and what work my dog has seen. You're the one talking about things you know nothing about fella ?

I will ask you again as you didn't answer before. What user names you had before this one?

Why you asking me again Gaz wtf it to do with you what I was called, who the fuk are you i got o tell you anything !!! your a muppet who will try bum a day out with everyone like you did with that Jim bloke funny tho you must be a wanker as I know another lad who's been out with you, sure you had a beddy X at the time said you got rid of it coz it killed a fat one on a golf course haha. Your mong !!!!

Edited by FKOF

Had a bull spaniel Russell dog about 20 yr ago , what a game dog that was, used to go vertically up a stack of bales and drop down from 5 round bale high to the deck inside them , kill d foxes in minutes, my next door neighbour used to feed it on his doorstep with his cat! I couldn't watch but it never touched it, could write a book on him, young mans dog

The bull x cockers I bred was not intended for just one job,it was planed to try and fit in with what i enjoy doing,being ratting,bushing rabbits,flushing fox to the runners/guns and around holes,so a knock about dog as I call them atb mud

• Like 3

Why you asking me again Gaz wtf it to do with you what I was called, who the fuk are you i got o tell you anything !!! your a muppet who will try bum a day out with everyone like you did with that Jim bloke funny tho you must be a wanker as I know another lad who's been out with you, sure you had a beddy X at the time said you got rid of it coz it killed a fat one on a golf course haha. Your mong !!!!

But it's okay for you to keep quizzing me about what dogs I've had, what they were good at???

But not prepared to say what your previous usernames have been when you've only been on here 6 months???

Ive never killed any fat things on a golf course. So again not got a clue what you're talking about.

You sure know a lot of nothing.

I'm done. You're a dangerous fella posting the type of stuff you post online.

Have a good season.

Over and out.

What would be your top five then Morton?

A beddy influenced terrier would be up there,the majority of terriers make for excellent bushers and they would possibly fill my top 5 spaces.Other people don,t want a dog dropping in and id be influenced by the beagle-spaniel and terrier combos about and that would make a very competitive top 20 bushing companions.Other folk want a lot of land covered in a shorter space of time and the bigger houndy types would fill the next 10 spaces,Spaniels could easily fill any of the said top rankings if they suited the individuals hunting lifestyle and any combination of the aforementioned suit many a kennel.I may have been a tad complimentary to the bull influence,in hindsight they would fail to get in my top 100.