Beddy Bull

General lee

Navek what you say makes sense. I think the right cocker and bull have been used I don't think it would pay of the same if people started breeding this X from average dogs, how ever as keen as they are there different routes you could take them to produce even better animals. I personally wouldnt use a spaniel again but think a beagle X cocker would offer them a lot more, or if it was me I'd be going down the straight beagle route. Time will tell and hopefully some good things will come from these little dogs.

It depends what you need and the land you hunt doesn't it. I've got no use for beagle blood at all where I work my dogs at the moment. If that changed in the future then maybe my need for beagle blood would also ?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a day out last year with gaz an tommy with the ferrets , top blokes imo. I don't think any of us come across on the internet as we are in real life...   Everybody turns in to Spartacus after a

Yeh I know what you're saying.   Mine is a bitch mate. The brother is a good 10lb heavier. Maybe more.   This is as far to ground as my bitch goes. She marks really well but never tries to dig in o

gaz writes good posts, days out with his daughter. You seem to think you have this amazing pack of beagle xs that nobody gives a f**k about. Your an immature muppet. Which is quite obvious in the way

Yea it's a good base line to take in many ways . Adding full beagle for holding a line . Adding more spaniel for working in closer / quartering . Adding more terrier to bring size down etc etc . For me and the land round here a beagle would be no use as I'm never realy further couple hundred yards from a road so beagle blood carrying a line would be no use to me . However if you have big open fields with plenty of cover than adding beagle would make more sense than more bull or more terrier I think maybe a half x cocker beagle put over one these bitches would be pretty hand but I myself would have no use for anything with more than a 1/4 beagle . Horse for courses and all that ... atb

What does the bull blood add to the bushing dog world ? Genuine question.same as bull in terriers for ground work.bull fits in well with runners gives them the bite needed for quick kill .but let's be honest you don't catch many red uns in cover .

• Like 1

What does the bull blood add to the bushing dog world ? Genuine question.same as bull in terriers for ground work.bull fits in well with runners gives them the bite needed for quick kill .but let's be honest you don't catch many red uns in cover .

i no of a lad who owns a lab x bull (accidental mating) lurcher lads won't go out with the lad who owns it bushing if he takes it because it constantly kills in cover

Me personally would prefer to use a bull terrier rather than a pat terrier. My personal reasons are build / determination/grit/nose/ stamina yes fair enough you could get most from a well bred pat but a well bred pat x spaniel has more chance dropping to ground than a well bred bull x spaniel does

Count myself lucky then as I run beagle x's , my old dogs had 5 good seasons bushing all year round, from Urbans to rural foxs and he's never been hit by a car must be luck lol coz he has beagle in him?

Edited by FKOF
  • Like 1

The only reason a bull X won't go to ground is because it's head wouldn't fit.lol.it's each to there own .but you get the right cocker or Springer blood put it to the right terrier beagle .or similar you won't go wrong.

Navek what you say makes sense. I think the right cocker and bull have been used I don't think it would pay of the same if people started breeding this X from average dogs, how ever as keen as they are there different routes you could take them to produce even better animals. I personally wouldnt use a spaniel again but think a beagle X cocker would offer them a lot more, or if it was me I'd be going down the straight beagle route. Time will tell and hopefully some good things will come from these little dogs.

It depends what you need and the land you hunt doesn't it. I've got no use for beagle blood at all where I work my dogs at the moment. If that changed in the future then maybe my need for beagle blood would also ?

So what kind of land do you need to run beagle x's on then Gaz?

Edited by FKOF

I run about with lads who have a small pack.mixture of beagle terriers and beaglexcocker.I know 100% they will hunt any cover.they will smash rabbits about for fun.never tire out .for them lads to add bull to the mix would be like putting a trap door on a canoe.!

• Like 1

Count myself lucky then as I run beagle x's , my old dogs had 5 good seasons bushing all year round, from Urbans to rural foxs and he's never been hit by a car must be luck lol coz he has beagle in him?

dout luck has much to do with it but why would someone add begal blood if they didn't want there dog working any further than 200 yards infront of them ?

I woud imagine big moors and hill sides?

What would you need beagle blood for in small fields and woods?

I work the same/similar land to Navek and he's spot on above I reckon.

I like the look of them bull x cockers but I,d wait at least another full hunting season at least to decide what you,ve got and where your going with them .

I've no plans to breed from mine fella and certainly ain't saying its a world beater. She just cropped up when I was after a busher and does the job for me. Better than a terrier X spaniel or beagle X spaniel? I dunno. But she does okay.

I run about with lads who have a small pack.mixture of beagle terriers and beaglexcocker.I know 100% they will hunt any cover.they will smash rabbits about for fun.never tire out .for them lads to add bull to the mix would be like putting a trap door on a canoe.!

eacb to there own . That's like saying why have a bull x when a deerhound can do what a bull x can or why have a saluki x when a collie cross can do what a saluki can ? Truth of the mater is any dog of any breed will bush any lurcher be it bull collie saluki or deerhound will still catch rabbit hare fox and deer but why do we have what we have ?? Because it's personal preference ... the thought of your mates adding bull blood would be like having a trap door on a cannoo ... same as for some of my mates adding begal blood would be like having a marshmallow padlock

I woud imagine big moors and hill sides?

What would you need beagle blood for in small fields and woods?

I work the same/similar land to Navek and he's spot on above I reckon.

I work similar land to and I doubt there's much that would beat a beagle X at this game there made for te job, you imagined wrong Gaz but like usual with your limited experience you know it all !!! Like I've said to use before I've seen these bull cockers run even been offered one or two but they wouldn't suit my needs, it takes a certain type to bush foxs day in day out. I got a beagle cocker pup here 10 1/2 months old working very well singing on fox smashes cover here as she has been doing for the last few months, I wouldn't mind seeing how she fairs to the beagle bulls after her second season when she matures a bit more. Edited by FKOF