Beddy Bull

General lee

Has anyone had any experience with this cross I'm thinking it would make a good bushing dog with a high prey drive probably broken coated tough enough to get stuck in and wouldn't drop to ground all just a theory of course so any info would be nice cheers

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a day out last year with gaz an tommy with the ferrets , top blokes imo. I don't think any of us come across on the internet as we are in real life...   Everybody turns in to Spartacus after a

Yeh I know what you're saying.   Mine is a bitch mate. The brother is a good 10lb heavier. Maybe more.   This is as far to ground as my bitch goes. She marks really well but never tries to dig in o

gaz writes good posts, days out with his daughter. You seem to think you have this amazing pack of beagle xs that nobody gives a f**k about. Your an immature muppet. Which is quite obvious in the way

I wouldn't be too sure about not dropping to ground mate. Depending where the beddy blood game from and what sort of size they made. The brother to my bitch is a tank (bull X cocker) and he has dug his way in and has got a scary way down a few times. My bitch doesn't try to enter but I don't think her size would stop her if she wanted to.

I like the bull blood in my busher mind. Definitely got its uses.

I've seen the pics of your busher he looks a lump of a dog yeh I suppose so probably depend on the beddy blood like you say is like a mid sized rough coated dog that would bush follow a trail and be hard enough to get stuck in on occasion but I don't want it to drop to ground I have been looking at Airedales but that's a no go thought about a dratharr but that's another no so I was thinking of this cross

I've seen the pics of your busher he looks a lump of a dog yeh I suppose so probably depend on the beddy blood like you say is like a mid sized rough coated dog that would bush follow a trail and be hard enough to get stuck in on occasion but I don't want it to drop to ground I have been looking at Airedales but that's a no go thought about a dratharr but that's another no so I was thinking of this cross

Yeh I know what you're saying.

Mine is a bitch mate. The brother is a good 10lb heavier. Maybe more.

This is as far to ground as my bitch goes. She marks really well but never tries to dig in or get further in...

D7DECACC-6010-4373-A5A6-11517D537975_zps

And she gets stuck in...

2DA8866E-7BEA-47CE-A02D-ABB255206B1A_zps

• Like 5

Yeh I know what you're saying.

Mine is a bitch mate. The brother is a good 10lb heavier. Maybe more.

This is as far to ground as my bitch goes. She marks really well but never tries to dig in or get further in...

And she gets stuck in...

Nice looking hound

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Has anyone had any experience with this cross I'm thinking it would make a good bushing dog with a high prey drive probably broken coated tough enough to get stuck in and wouldn't drop to ground all just a theory of course so any info would be nice cheers

Far better options about.

• Like 1

I hope one day a bull bites you on the arse so you have a real valid reason to dislike em so much ??

• Like 2

I hope one day a bull bites you on the arse so you have a real valid reason to dislike em so much

I like Bulls i also know that far better options are available to any bushing enthusiast,id not place a bull or its x in my top 50 bushing companions because thats the level they are at,there are at least 49 better options and i still like Bully,s.

I hope one day a bull bites you on the arse so you have a real valid reason to dislike em so much

I like Bulls i also know that far better options are available to any bushing enthusiast,id not place a bull or its x in my top 50 bushing companions because thats the level they are at,there are at least 49 better options and i still like Bully,s.

Feck me Morton you can just spout some ?

Name me the 49 different bushing dogs you've seen that are better than a bull cocker. Go on. This will be fun...

Have you seen a bull cocker working? Have you seen 49 other types? ???

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with them bull cockers I've seen them work a few times not bad little dogs, would be a good base for a bit of beagle blood imo, they have there pros and cons like every other X, they ain't for me personally as I hunt foxs and need a dog to hold a line not for miles like a pure hound but enough to put some pressure on so he makes a mistake to the waiting guns. Id say they work more like a spaniel. There's no way there in the the 50 range I'd say potential to be at the top end of the ten. Even tho there's better x's out there they do the job and are descent little grafters not to everyone's cup of tea but they are far from rubbish.

• Like 1

The blood use to create the bull x cocker that gaz is running is the right type.hence why they have the potential to be really good dogs I've seen 3 0f the litter work and for young dogs they sure do want to graft..like been said the bull x cocker could be kept just as it I'd or used as a base line adding more beagle more terrier more spaniel etc etc me personally I think one them bitches put back to its farther ( full spaniel) would be ideal..I wouldn't say there are 50th on the list of ideal crosses to bush ...however if every tom dick and harry starts sticking any old bull to any spaniel then there going be a lot of crap floating around ......good bull blood has its pros and cons same as every other blood out there

Navek what you say makes sense. I think the right cocker and bull have been used I don't think it would pay of the same if people started breeding this X from average dogs, how ever as keen as they are there different routes you could take them to produce even better animals. I personally wouldnt use a spaniel again but think a beagle X cocker would offer them a lot more, or if it was me I'd be going down the straight beagle route. Time will tell and hopefully some good things will come from these little dogs.