No expert, but maybe simpleshots scout seems a good starting point....., can get it for their site, but be careful of import charges etc,,,,,saying that I didn't get charged......or you can buy from the slingshot channel with no handling charges etc, but it costs more.

I like the scout it's a good design for a first catty, but I think the proshot bloodshot is a better deal, main reason, it's metal were as the scout is plastic and one or two fork hits seem to break the clips your bands go in, the bloodshot is ambidextrous takes flats or tubes can be fired in any style, costs £25 and usually arrives within 24 hrs as its English, if you type proshot bloodshot into YouTube catapult carnage has a good demo video on there of it

a basic blackwidow type . the bands are a bit heavy so you need big ammo . they are ok for a novice . eazy to use no hitting forks or hands . , but for accuracy more old style seems the best (for me) . there will be people who can shoot and love blackwidows . I still have mine from late 70s .I can make what ever bans I wont for it now . light heavy flat or tube .

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried a range of bands and tubes and shoot a Barnett Diablo and a Jack Pyke slingshot converted into a 'starship' design (posted one here).

My conclusion: Roylan Blue (dub dub) tubes with a heavy leather pouch. I can shoot accurately with this set up and using hex nuts it packs quite a punch. You have to cut the length just right otherwise the draw can be a bit strenuous...but these bands are softer than the normal Barnett ones..

Happy shooting!

• Like 1

I shoot a alloy ppsg it's my pride an joy proper work horse, I'm using tapered Theraband gold on mine cut at 40/30 but have used tubes orange dub Roylans is good for 9.5mmsteel or 2050tube allthough Theraband is my favourite you can get an alloy psbs or milbro pro shot think they are £25 come in lots of colours an can shoot tubes or flats ott an ttf good starter frame

I would advise learning to make your own bands as it's cheaper

Also make sure you get a cheap frame to start as my first frame was a Stanley from asa Wilson Romany custom cattys cost a bomb an I ruined it

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers fellas, I've looked at them Barnett diablos, and for target practice in the yard would be cool, I'm now on a few catapult fb groups, one in particular "catapult addicts uk" do some incredible bespoke cats.

Edited by Dalston boy

Cheers fellas, I've looked at them Barnett diablos, and for target practice in the yard would be cool, I'm now on a few catapult fb groups, one in particular "catapult addicts uk" do some incredible bespoke cats.

if they are made out of ply they will look the part but the forks will snap after one or two fork hits, and if they are made by gamekeeper John they just won't arrive, apart from that go for it, personally I find Barnett catty,s much better with flat bands on as the Barnet tubes take so much effort to pull back you can't hold them steady enough to get good accuracy, though I,m getting on a bit I have been a plasterer for over 30 years so I don't have weak arms if you were wondering

If you decide on the Diablo, buy the basic one...The stabalisers on the more expensive version are a gimmick. I aim straight along the top fork which is perfect for around 1o metres (or about 11 yards for us oldies!)...

• Like 1

If I was you I would have bought a black widow cheap same practically an can always take arm rest of when you want also buy some roylans orange dub as they slide on the b.w/diablo forks an are nice an like easy to pull back an have a lot of speed like Theraband look them up on YouTube https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262052967940 that the tube link

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...