Run cold water over it slowly from a hose 10 minutes in the morning and 10 mins beforyou kennel him up for the night and gently bend it back and forth to increase the blood flow in that area as long as it is just a knock try and get anti inflammatory tablets or liquid from vets I wouldn't use calpol

The only thing I have been prescribed by vet for dogs near to paracetamol is aspirin depending on the dogs weight and that was for torn muscle on the lurchers back and was told never to give them on an empty stomach they seemed to do the trick not sure about paracetamol though

Really ? So your saying paracetamol isn't for pain relief ???

No what I am saying is calpol being a kids medicine is primarily for bringing a temperature down ... if you want to give your dog paracetamol craic on .......

• Like 1

people always wantbto save a bit of effort or money by using human medicine, when there are actual products made for dogs like rimadyl or metacam. not only are they safe for dogs, but you know they are going to work. if the dog is in pain it is your responsibility to get him treated by a vet

• Like 4

people always wantbto save a bit of effort or money by using human medicine, when there are actual products made for dogs like rimadyl or metacam. not only are they safe for dogs, but you know they are going to work. if the dog is in pain it is your responsibility to get him treated by a vet

I can't understand why folks just don't get metacam and keep a bottle in. I've always got a bottle in cupboard and it's not exactly expensive. Dogs work hard so need treating properly when they are knocked up. They can't nip down the doctors and get a prescription.

• Like 2

Ain't that rimadyl known for causing kidney problems ?

Anybody use carprieve before it's supposed to be good for anti inflammatory and pain killer and isn't too hard on dogs. Some harder treatments need a course of steroids along with them because they knock the dog back so much and the treatment can be harder than the cure.

Anybody use carprieve before it's supposed to be good for anti inflammatory and pain killer and isn't too hard on dogs. Some harder treatments need a course of steroids along with them because they knock the dog back so much and the treatment can be harder than the cure.

its the same drug as rimadyl i think, the active ingredient is carprofen

Ain't that rimadyl known for causing kidney problems ?

i have never had any problems. there are reports on the net but i dont think any worse than any other drug