Ferreting With Tomo And Vin Part 1 And Part 2

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another video rew has put together of an early season ferret trip we had with tomo and vin, Thanks for looking   Part 1 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu8YDrqsKtE   Part 2 https://m.youtube.co

I'd rather their vids than your nauseating slow motion bollox.

Romeo pup this morning.

Posted Images

My dogs keep me happy mate, and the freezer is always full, for me it was fun to sit back and watch duke when he was pup learn a few things, unfortunately rew dint seem to get many catches on cam, I recall having one that day that bolted into into the air and duke caught it in mid air ?

Edited by nottzhunter08
  • Like 2

I forgot about that day... thanks for reminding me..lol.

Out of the collection of videos I have captured of the days out over the last few years... The best are usually the ones that get away.

I just got back missed a couple today but the chases were epic

A run a few bits a land like that and have found the houndy types struggle on it ,good showroom age great better than my tv look foreword to the next edition no doubt the Romeo pups will be making an appearance. Soon nots best invest in a parachute for that dog seems like he's of to a flying start lol atb bunnys.

• Like 1

Maybe possible with vins bigger speakers jeppi. Some cracking replies lads. Great reading the comments. I didnt do too well getting many catches on film. The ground was alot harder than you first think. Those mounds do get in the way. It would be interesting to hear if tomo and vin have been back and had better reslts with the dogs? Romeo pup bud might be resting for a few weeks due to a foot injury. I will be gutted if hes finished for the season because hes starting to look good.

• Like 1

That is really difficult ground for the dogs: so many holes, bumps and dips, and short grass: nothing to stop the rabbits flying. Good to see this sort of video as it makes those starting out realise that catching bolting rabbits isn't always as easy as some clips make it seem.

• Like 4

I've land where I run the dogs and as in the ground in the video it really is difficult for the dog to get on terms with the rabbits .... we all know them dogs can catch we have seen plenty of videos of them doing so ... as penny just said it's good to see clips where the dogs don't have it all their own way it brings us back to earth a bit ... perhaps the guys that reckon the dogs are shit would go up there with the lads and run their dogs on film to show us how it should be done ...........

• Like 4

,I wouldn't let the land owner see the video,all those rabbits going away

The more you do, the more you get to know that it's not every day things run smoothly. It takes confidence to show the bad days. Those with the experience understand.

But mainly it was a wind up by Rew.

TC

yeh ,,you dont catch them all with dogs,,,,although i know i dont need to explian anything ,,i think i will,,,,that particular farm is in the vally bottom,,not on high ground with ruff tufty fields,,,,in the vally bottoms the vields are usualy shorter and faster

that particular field is a small section of flood plane,,about 200 yard long and 100 at its widest,,,shaped like a rugby ball,,the wall behind ,,theres a river bank imeadeatly behind that wich is a tangle off tree roots,,and boulders,,,alot of the rabbits make for that,,especialy where the gap is that has a bit of sheep netting,,,years ago i used to just strech the longnetts the hole length of that wall.

in front of us is that steep bank,,you see my brindle bitch run a bunny up that bank across a brocken down wall,,round a tree,,and it escapes in to a warren over the back

like i say you cant cach them all,,,,

if you want to see some clinical bolting to the dogs,,theres a bit of film rew did of our dogs where my old bitch venus doesnt miss a thing and keeps catching just in front of doris,,,,

• Like 2

yeh ,,you dont catch them all with dogs,,,,although i know i dont need to explian anything ,,i think i will,,,,that particular farm is in the vally bottom,,not on high ground with ruff tufty fields,,,,in the vally bottoms the vields are usualy shorter and faster

that particular field is a small section of flood plane,,about 200 yard long and 100 at its widest,,,shaped like a rugby ball,,the wall behind ,,theres a river bank imeadeatly behind that wich is a tangle off tree roots,,and boulders,,,alot of the rabbits make for that,,especialy where the gap is that has a bit of sheep netting,,,years ago i used to just strech the longnetts the hole length of that wall.

in front of us is that steep bank,,you see my brindle bitch run a bunny up that bank across a brocken down wall,,round a tree,,and it escapes in to a warren over the back

like i say you cant cach them all,,,,

if you want to see some clinical bolting to the dogs,,theres a bit of film rew did of our dogs where my old bitch venus doesnt miss a thing and keeps catching just in front of doris,,,,

I think most of the comments were tongue in cheek mate. Mine certainly were. Like socks says we all know these dogs put plenty away ?