Putanges The Sequel On Youtube

You can't teach mole trapping

There's loads of stuff that you need to have a feel for

That goes for trapping in general

It's instinctive

There's a lot of mole trappers out there but not many good ones

"There's a lot of mole trappers out there but not many good ones ",....well, i wondered if thats what he was getting at ?

Maybe.. it easy to catch and clear a garden and or a few fields. To be expert at it (I am not) isn't so easy.

But I do think most people can be taught to catch a mole or cLear a garden etc..

I sometimes over trap. I might put 3 traps In were the field looks like brail. A better man might put in 2.

I know I do this put to me it's better than a return journey..

Must admit my post wasn't the most lucid I've ever posted! scrumpy and forums, not the best recipe.

Anyhoo, down here there's quite a few advertising their services, but very few actually do it for a living, it's extra to their main income.

The south west being mainly rural, there is literally oceans of work out there, the mole numbers used to be kept in check by the strychnine brigade, but most of them have thankfully just about ran out of their stash now. So farmers are trying to find people capable of clearing vast tracts of land and not finding anyone.

My worry is that if soon there are not a reliable, capable core of true mole trappers the powers that be will succumb to the farmers request for an alternative poison to deal with the situation.

• Like 1

There is NO alternative poison..... :no:

For competent trappers,...of rabbit, mole, squirell, and fox,...at long last,..our day has come...

To the client,."You must pay for our skills,... or fecking keep your pests",...end of story... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 1

I agree with the above statements.you can watch ,read as much as you want about trapping moles and have all the gear.

But it doesnt mean squat unless you have have some instinct and experience that said im always learning and would be first to admit so.

As for giving alittle advice in any business in life you will come up against competition thats just the way it is . Its the same for all businesses and if your worried about a internet forum you've got to much time on your hands.

Edited by MAG1980
  • Like 1

Excellent video by Clive

Am new to putanges ( second winter of using them) but not new to moles trapping

Like others I have requested and received answers regarding using them, off various members, including Clive, thank you

But ..... these videos really do educate potential CLIENTS + have a go gardeners

I personally think basic videos on duffus and talpex don't really educate the masses... Clive's putange vids do

The first video has Best part of 5000 views on YouTube, I dare bet most of them are not professional trappers

• Like 1

fortunately the trap outlasts most licensed poisons to come out on the market, there is a demand for poison free solutions.

poisoning and chemicals may not have a future in this environment friendly world, just a maybe.

so far the mole trap is free of all the issues and restrictions of poisons.

if trap testing of mole traps happens then it might be goodbye to tongs/putanges.

Excellent video by Clive

Like others I have requested and received answers regarding using them, off various members, including Clive, thank you

But ..... these videos really do educate potential CLIENTS + have a go gardeners

I personally think basic videos on duffus and talpex don't really educate the masses... Clive's putange vids do

The first video has Best part of 5000 views on YouTube, I dare bet most of them are not professional trappers

Have you seen the dvd fourteen acre sells? It's what I originally learnt from 6 or 7 years ago.. it shows plenty to get you started and there are plenty people with mole who would let a stranger practice foc.

I will let you have a watch of mine if you have not seen it. it won't teach you anything but good enough to get started with.

Must admit my post wasn't the most lucid I've ever posted! scrumpy and forums, not the best recipe.

Anyhoo, down here there's quite a few advertising their services, but very few actually do it for a living, it's extra to their main income.

The south west being mainly rural, there is literally oceans of work out there, the mole numbers used to be kept in check by the strychnine brigade, but most of them have thankfully just about ran out of their stash now. So farmers are trying to find people capable of clearing vast tracts of land and not finding anyone.

My worry is that if soon there are not a reliable, capable core of true mole trappers the powers that be will succumb to the farmers request for an alternative poison to deal with the situation.

Thats the thing, since we are leaving the EU, it might be different ?,... The relevant dept, at the EU Commission, had the final say, on the outcome of 'Strychnine use for moles', in the UK. Cause its withdrawal was 'appealed',(when it was unsupported, for new 'approval') & asked to be retained, under 'essential use', status ?,...arguments were 'submitted', but thankfully, they werent convinced, and refused,.....

Edited by earth-thrower

There is NO alternative poison..... :no:

For competent trappers,...of rabbit, mole, squirell, and fox,...at long last,..our day has come...

To the client,."You must pay for our skills,... or fecking keep your pests",...end of story... :thumbs:

They have tried others, though. They tested, 'arsenic' (unsuitable),..but they thought 'aldicarb', might be more promising ? (never came to anything) It seems that 'alphachloralose' IS approved, for 'mole control in France !' (not too effective, apparently)

Excellent video by Clive

I agree with you,....even heard some mole catchers complaining, about how EASY those putanges, where too set, that customers / householders, were readily having a go themselves, with them ? (with success, been witnessed),...so its going to come back at them & "bite them on the behind", ...sort of thing ? (i dont know though)

Edited by earth-thrower