Sport Dog Trackin Units

Well think I'd rather have communication with dog than better map! The sportdog unit uses two different type of satellites I'm led to believe!

A friend of mine is starting to sell the sportdog tec 1 and 2 units and also the trainer collars anyone interested let me know and I'll pass you on

I bought the tek 1 mate, I'm out on friday with my mate that has a garmin alpha I'm going to see how they compare. I'll write a short review and put it on this post, I'll try get a few pics aswell

Long time no see how are things up there?

I bought the tek 1 mate, I'm out on friday with my mate that has a garmin alpha I'm going to see how they compare. I'll write a short review and put it on this post, I'll try get a few pics aswell

Long time no see how are things up there?
not bad mate, iv been getting into hounds the last few year the pack is slowly growing got two beagles and two teckels so far. Still got the lurchers and terriers aswell, gyp and flash are still going but there getting on a bit now. I read the article in cmw about your hound cross, looks a beast we should sort a day out I'd love to see it work.
  • Like 1

Had chance to try the sport dog tec 1 over the last few days and so far I'm impressed, it seems to do the job just as well as the garmins, build quality feels good, it's never lost connection with the dogs so far and when you get used to the tracking screen it works quite well. It's a lot more basic than the garmin system but that's what I like about it there is no need to update or download any thing which is good for me as I'm useless with anything like that. I haven't had any long hunts to test it properly yet but I should over the next few days.

• Like 2