Many Specimen Anglers On Here.

Never really been on this section so as the title states i love my specimen fishing. What have people been doing this year what achievments you made and any good plans next year? Iv had a poor year with regards to caro fishing but iv never had many barbel and iv now had 4 from the dearne in barnsley 9lb being the biggest. Next year im waiting on a low stock sindicate with some really old fish to about 20lb and there sticking 5 new big fish in which i wouldnt mind having and im going to try get a double figure barbel.

I do abit of specimen fishing barbel,chub and carp off the top in the warmer months and pike after xmas.would like a 20 lb pike from a river this season and I'm still flat out trying to break my barbel and chub pb's had a few 6 's and 2 7's on the chub front.caught over 40 doubles on the barbel biggest so far 14 lb 6 ozs-I've had bigger in the past.not done alot last 2 months as I been busy with my terriers. If you want a day or two on the barbel next season end of august time drop me a pm I put you on some fish.there's a thread on barbel on here have a look we get your mugshot up lol.atb dc

• Like 5

I do abit of specimen fishing barbel,chub and carp off the top in the warmer months and pike after xmas.would like a 20 lb pike from a river this season and I'm still flat out trying to break my barbel and chub pb's had a few 6 's and 2 7's on the chub front.caught over 40 doubles on the barbel biggest so far 14 lb 6 ozs-I've had bigger in the past.not done alot last 2 months as I been busy with my terriers. If you want a day or two on the barbel next season end of august time drop me a pm I put you on some fish.there's a thread on barbel on here have a look we get your mugshot up lol.atb dc

i might have to take you up on that. Iv heard loads about the trent but never had chance to target it. I know next year me and a lad at work are going on the wye which is another barbel hotspot.

The wye is the river I fish-between 3 of us this season we have caught around 130+ fish 6lb to 14 lb bags of chub,we fish for the pike next month.you ever seen the episode of Matt Hayes and mick brown fishing for pike/barbel on the wye?fished the same spots for 15 + years.alot of the stretches are blitzed these days fish are wising up but you can still bag up in the right spots-let me know when you planning the trip and I let you both fish as guests-atb dc

• Like 2