Lamping Dog Needed

All the best and I hope you get what your looking for pal but from the little bit of experience I got if you get a pup you'll learn as much off him/her as it will you and you'll get so much more pleasure when say it catches its first bunny on the lamp etc and there's so many bullshiters out there Guna tell you the dog you just bought is a world beater when 99% of the time the dogs got a serious issue or two, I know I wouldn't sell my dog that I'd put all the hard work into just as it's all paying off, there's loads of help an advice you can get from places like this and your friends are into dogs so they should help to, hope that helps ?

• Like 3

We've all gotta start somewhere............try starting at the start, with a pup!

If you've been out and done a bit then you'll have mates to call on and guide you,if not then the pup will teach you plenty.

Trying to get a dog off the merry go round at this time of year is only ending one way!

I'm far from any type of expert and my own mutts are useless..... But they are mine and I've had every dog since a pup.

Maybe see this season out then get a pup in the spring and get plenty of sun on its back and bond with it on the long summer days.far more rewarding than buying someone's mistake......but I'm guessing you just wanna get out and smash everything that shows its eyes......

I'd wish you good luck but I'd be lying......

Just getting synical and a bit grumpy in my advancing years......

Matt

• Like 6

All the best and I hope you get what your looking for pal but from the little bit of experience I got if you get a pup you'll learn as much off him/her as it will you and you'll get so much more pleasure when say it catches its first bunny on the lamp etc and there's so many bullshiters out there Guna tell you the dog you just bought is a world beater when 99% of the time the dogs got a serious issue or two, I know I wouldn't sell my dog that I'd put all the hard work into just as it's all paying off, there's loads of help an advice you can get from places like this and your friends are into dogs so they should help to, hope that helps

Aint that just the truth of it. :thumbs:

TC

Appreciate people's advice and maybe I would be better getting a pup, I had thought about it and maybe need to rethink, I've plenty of time to put into the dog so suppose just have to keep asking for advice as there's always someone to answer questions on here

ive got an older dog 8 years old and she was a rescue...she's a fekking absolute nitemare and always has been... ive had her 7 years nearly and its been emotional.

ive also got a younger dog ive had from a pup and she's exactly what I want her to be in every way.

I would have loved to have the older dog from a puppy...because all her faults are down to her previous bad handling and abuse.

If you have the time and want the rewards..get a pup.

Appreciate people's advice and maybe I would be better getting a pup, I had thought about it and maybe need to rethink, I've plenty of time to put into the dog so suppose just have to keep asking for advice as there's always someone to answer questions on here

Try and remember you will make mistakes all along the way but if you get the right advice and follow it you will get there in the end, a 12 month old dog wouldnt really know what it was doing anyway and if you haven't got a clue you could still feck a 4yo, good working dog even if it did know the ropes, So best to get a pup like people said and you can both make mistakes together. If you do go for a pup go for something that's easier to train. ATB S2H

No disrespect mate but if someone is going to give you a dog between 12 to 18 months old it's more than likely not worth feeding, who in the right mind would wait all that time to finally get there pup going to give it someone else your better off starting from scratch do abit of research of breeding etc find out what you want and get a pup

Someone who is going jail. Or family breakdown or someone whos had enough ? Not everyones a c**t

• Like 3

Loads of dogs worth a punt in online classifieds like Preloved, Pets For.. and Dragon Driving to name but a few.

Plenty of folks part with decent enough dogs, because of circumstances or lack of heart/interest, there's loads on them sites. Search through, you'll find sommat i'm sure. :yes:

Loads of dogs worth a punt in online classifieds like Preloved, Pets For.. and Dragon Driving to name but a few.

Plenty of folks part with decent enough dogs, because of circumstances or lack of heart/interest, there's loads on them sites. Search through, you'll find sommat i'm sure. :yes:

yeh your right Bosun... In the past Ive been offered dogs off lads who are packing in or having a break etc etc...and occasionally the odd dog thats failed at what they were wanted for but still good to go at bunnies etc etc...

Funny thing is these days..Most of the young guns don't want a proper rabbiting dog...they want a point and slip nuclear missile that will kill anything that moves... lol.

Have been looking on them sites and did have s dog lined up but don't really want the dog till Jan as I'm away for xmas so don't want to get one then go away and leave with someone for 2 weeks but person sold dog after telling me he would keep so I know there a lot t of people that talk shit, like I said before I'm not going to rush as I want to make right decision