Dylan Hartley Lions Captain??

His discipline for England as been great under Jones but it's his club behaviour that lets him down, I would've made him favourite to get the Lions captain job but not now I don't think.

Rory Best have a good 6 nations and I can see him getting the job now.

• Like 1

His behaviour can't be excused any more.....intent was there when striking, dirty cowardly act.......conduct unbecoming especially with the growing furore over head injuries.....heaviest possible sanctions....eight weeks not enough.....if he wants boxing match, him into Chisora.......

Edited by VOON
  • Like 1

I will be honest, he is such a good legal player I just cannot understand why he has these brain farts. I thought he had turned the corner and put all that thuggery behind him, but it does seem the leopard cannot change his spots. Shame really.

TC

I will be honest, he is such a good legal player I just cannot understand why he has these brain farts. I thought he had turned the corner and put all that thuggery behind him, but it does seem the leopard cannot change his spots. Shame really.

TC

true, he is good player and done well for us as captain , but your right dont think he can change . he looses him self down, ad club/country

Always looks terrible in slow motion but to my English eyes ;) looks like terrible timing, Wood caught him right on his heel chopping him down, O'Brian looked like he was half out the tackle while Hartley just off the bench and not quite up to speed mistimed suddenly found O'Brian falling a lot faster than he was when he started the tackle.

Laws of the game mean a red but I think an example will be made of him because he was/is a grub and Eng capt, maybe rather unfairly in this instance.

Won't weaken Eng team as he isn't the best hooker we got, passable hes not even in the top three.

Always looks terrible in slow motion but to my English eyes ;) looks like terrible timing, Wood caught him right on his heel chopping him down, O'Brian looked like he was half out the tackle while Hartley just off the bench and not quite up to speed mistimed suddenly found O'Brian falling a lot faster than he was when he started the tackle.

Laws of the game mean a red but I think an example will be made of him because he was/is a grub and Eng capt, maybe rather unfairly in this instance.

Won't weaken Eng team as he isn't the best hooker we got, passable hes not even in the top three.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ever thought of getting a job as a spin doctor? Eddie Jones did not look best pleased.

You really need to sort that paranoia about people out to sabotage the English team.

TC

Ever thought of getting a job as a spin doctor? Eddie Jones did not look best pleased.

You really need to sort that paranoia about people out to sabotage the English team.

TC

Youve popped your cherry on the locking threads front, bout time you went for your first ban :D

Soz Paul. :D

Cheers, D.

TC

Well I thought i'd give it a shot :tongue2: , Jones was just amazed he lasted 6 mins, anyway we don't need any help sabotaging the Eng team, we usually do that ourselves when it really matters, though our Aussie coach isn't doing as well as your NZ coach is at that.

And I couldn't be banned by a better guy just don't let the power corrupt :thumbs:

• Like 1

Cannot agree with that. Slow motion makes it more extreme but there was definite intent there.

SOB was going to ground with T Woods tackle, and Hartley first there should have gone for the ball and turnover. Instead he went for the cheap shot.

Maximum penalty for him with his previous.

Agreed he won't weaken England with quality all round.

• Like 1

If England do not get the grand slam this year there will be something very wrong. There is only one close game for them and thats Ireland, Wales will be in amongst the also rans I am afraid.

Edited to add: To keep in with the theme of the Lions there are only two maybe three Welsh players I would consider to be in with a shout of going. Tiperic, Falatau and Alun-wyn.

TC

If England do not get the grand slam this year there will be something very wrong. There is only one close game for them and thats Ireland, Wales will be in amongst the also rans I am afraid.

Edited to add: To keep in with the theme of the Lions there are only two maybe three Welsh players I would consider to be in with a shout of going. Tiperic, Falatau and Alun-wyn.

TC

Liam Williams will go before all 3 you mentioned also George North and don't discount somebody like Melon as the mid week captain.

TC

Not Cuthbert then? :angel: