Pound For Pound Whats Your Hardest Fighting Fish ?

As the title says

For me overall it's buff bream off rocks in Perth WA catch them on bread small hooks etc around tbe 4-8 lb mark but pure muscle with long runs and they just don't the give up ! catch and release as they're shit eating

ATB kerryb

post-3932-0-67642100-1481372920.jpg

post-3932-0-15754000-1481372960.jpg

post-3932-0-33084100-1481372978.jpg

post-3932-0-72814400-1481373092.jpg

• Like 7

Siamese catfish,f***ing powerhouses,they strip line from a reel like its going out of fashion,grow to a huge size,and when ones running even with heavy tackle all you can do is hang on and wait for it to lose steam,fishing for them soon,looking forward to it.

post-1930-0-96751900-1481378540_thumb.jpeg

• Like 6

I think I had 12lb mono straight through cos of the rocks and snags with size 6 hooks as they've got small mouths the rod in the photo was a 13ft ish beach rod I switched to my old fave bass rod after and it used to bend right over lol Yeah a big perch would go I reckon.

• Like 1

Hardest fighting pound for Pound must be mahseer a mate went to India and he said it was well dodgey as soon as hooked rod passed to guide then he would feck off down stream running and jumping over huge rocks along a cliff top then if lucky he would get to wind it in out of a flat pool apparently the big stuff are in the most inaccessible parts of river.

That is some paddle on the back of that catfish mate bet that took it out of you

Atb

• Like 3

Seatroot...but there is a fish in the South China Sea we used to fish of a boat for in Brunei...it has teeth like a wrasse and looks like a dustbin lid ...no one would eat them as the locals said they lived of shit ...but JEEZO they used to run only about 5-6 lbs but when they took your reel was screaming

• Like 2

It's alright for you rich boys going out foreign after monsters but on a local level a Tench on light tackle will do me just fine.

always enjoyed fishing for tench on the float early mornings.trotting for grayling and chub.a good double figure barbel are hard to beat and carp on the barbel rods with a controller float and dog biscuits.atb dc
  • Like 6