Small Working Lurcher Stud Wanted For Beddy/whippet Bitch 18" Tts

Hi,

I'm looking to breed my 5 year old 1/4 Bedlington, 3/4 whippet lurcher bitch, who is due to come into season in the next couple of weeks. She has only been lightly worked due to an injury when young followed by a really difficult few years of terminal illnesses and bereavements in our family, but she retrieves rabbits live to hand and dispatches rats efficiently, and is very trainable with a beautiful temperament in the house. She is a small bitch at only 18" tts, and I am looking for a small sire to cover her, ideally some blend of bedlington/collie/whippet (please no or minimal bull/greyhound/saluki)t, who has been proven as useful on rabbits and of good temperament. Good price paid for the right stud, I am based in County Durham and willing to travel a couple of hours in any direction.

Thanks all, picture attached.

post-57107-0-21627300-1481324590_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi,

I'm looking to breed my 5 year old 1/4 Bedlington, 3/4 whippet lurcher bitch, who is due to come into season in the next couple of weeks. She has only been lightly worked due to an injury when young followed by a really difficult few years of terminal illnesses and bereavements in our family, but she retrieves rabbits live to hand and dispatches rats efficiently, and is very trainable with a beautiful temperament in the house. She is a small bitch at only 18" tts, and I am looking for a small sire to cover her, ideally some blend of bedlington/collie/whippet (please no or minimal bull/greyhound/saluki)t, who has been proven as useful on rabbits and of good temperament. Good price paid for the right stud, I am based in County Durham and willing to travel a couple of hours in any direction.

Thanks all, picture attached.

Why would anybody put a proven dog to a non-proven bitch?.Never breed from such an animal mucker,source a pup from a more honest source and enjoy your dog for what it is.There is never a need to breed when its better not to.

My reason for thinking about breeding her is that she has always been very focused and willing to retrieve rabbits live to hand, while dealing neatly and efficiently with rats - she has the raw materials of trainability that I'd like to work with in the future, and I was hoping my next pup would inherit some of her temperament and keenness. I really do value the input of people more experienced than me though, so thanks for raising the question - it may be moot now anyway, as she is showing pain in the leg with the old injury after manipulation by the greyhound vet on friday, and I wouldn't put her through a pregnancy if it was going fo put strain on painful joints. I know there are a lot of good dogs out there, and really do want to be responsible with sourcing my next pup, so thanks once again.

• Like 1

i know 3 brothers from thornley in county durham who always have a good dog about them. take no notice of above post, the dog's lightly worked so therefore unspoilt. she seems to have all the quality to breed a real good pup. everybody wants a pup out of their own dog - take it from somebody that has bred dogs for over 50 years. i would try to stick to the 2 breeds you all ready have in your bitch.

• Like 1

i know 3 brothers from thornley in county durham who always have a good dog about them. take no notice of above post, the dog's lightly worked so therefore unspoilt. she seems to have all the quality to breed a real good pup. everybody wants a pup out of their own dog - take it from somebody that has bred dogs for over 50 years. i would try to stick to the 2 breeds you all ready have in your bitch.

Edited by ginger beard