Lsit Of What Can Be Hunted

It isn't that simple, start with the General Licence/s, and be aware there are some differences in different parts of the UK.

Then there are reasons why some animals/birds can be controlled, whereas it is virtually open season on others.

BASC also has some guides.

Etc, etc., etc..................

Edited by Deker
  • Like 2

As above, have a look at the BASC website - the General licenses will detail what can be taken and the circumstances under which they can be taken.

If you plan to hunt on someone elses land, it would also be worth considering BASCs insurance - I pay £5 per month for air rifle.

Also, if this is your first foray into hunting, my advice would be to get to know your quarrys anatomy.

When used correctly, an air rifle is a capable hunting tool but, it is relatively low powered. We have to hit the correct spot for a clean kill.

Because of this, you'll also need good fieldcraft to get into position for the shot.

Some other things to consider before hunting - are you happy to finnish an animal by hand if need be? Are you comfortable plucking/skinning/gutting what you've shot? How can you tell if something isn't edible? What are the risks of disease/infection to you from certain quarry?

Also, practice with your kit - you can never practice enough.

Get to know your rifle and pellet, learn the trajectories.

Above all mate, have fun :)

It's an infectious sport and, can be very rewarding.

Atb

• Like 6

Thankyou soooo much for your kind help guys I am very grateful

Also Thankyou jonjon that is really helpful I am fine skinning etc and practice daily on my land before going rabbit hunting but also wise words on what we can eat thankyou

Edited by slyspacewolf

FIRST OFF GET A A4 PEACE OF PAPER THEN A 5PCOIN PLACE THE COIN IN THE CENTER OF THE PAPER DRAW A CIRCLE AROUND IT THEN PLACE THE PAPER AT YOUR PREFERRED ZERO DISTANCE IE,,30 YRDS .

THEN PRACTICE THE HELL OUT OF IT WITH YOUR RIFLE

AND DONT EVEN GO HUNTING UNTIL YOU CAN PUT TEN OR MORE PELLETS IN THE 5P CIRCLE WITH OUT THINKING ABOUT IT FULL STOP.

THE LAST THING YOU WANT IS TO WOUND YOUR PRAY AND IT RUN OFF AND DIE A PAIN FULL DEATH.

and some pray are only to be shot in seasons or you may find your self in a lot of sh*t if you do

By the sound of it you have a lot to learn

A HELL OF A LOT

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1