Ruptured Achilles' Tendon ........

Just as my work load triples and I get the bitch to peak fitness Tilly goes and ruptures her Achilles' tendon today.

It's very swollen so she has had an intramuscular jab of metacam and will be on metacam for the next week to try and get the swelling down.

On the plus side the tendon is still attached so there is some hope for a recovery which at best will take six months of total rest. I won't really know the full damage until next week when the swelling has gone down but if it's never going to heal properly then I will have a difficult descision to make.

She is a very hard fit bitch that has healed well from some bad knocks and injuries in the past so fingers crossed she can come back from this. It's a shame that her daughter is nowhere near ready to step up as she is way behind at this age compared to her mother.

Fecking dogs ..............

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went up to see the greyhound vet at Swindon track on Tuesday and to be honest he said the same as my vet a bad injury but the tendon is still attached ... in his opinion if it heals he thinks it will

I enjoy my few hours each day on this forum, but im always saddened at posts such as these, ive not read through all of your topic the headline was enough for me, the dog is injured so please do not t

So sorry to read this. The best dogs always get into the worst sh*t. Comes from trying so hard. Fingers crossed for you. If anyone can help it will be Noel Fitzpatrick. Wouldn't it be amazing if he co

Sorry to hear! Bloody dogs ay sometimes there worse than a mrs... nearly!

Iv just spent two months of intense jogging getting my 3/8 5/8 dig fit he's 8 years old so takes a lot longer to get fit than your average 3 year old then last week he's knocked something swelling has gone down but he is using that leg a lot better now, just another set back

That's shit news ken.

Hope she makes a complete recovery.

How did she manage that Injury.

She just twisted hard to the right on a rabbit when she was running flat out which pit all the weight and pressure on that tendon .......

• Like 1

Did you have it X Rayed? My vet told me my bitch done the same - Turned out it was a broken calcaneus bone

Way to swollen for an x ray ... she will be having one next week when the swelling has gone down .......