Steam Coming Out Of My Ears.... Car Insurance!!!!

Go to solution Solved by Tiercel,

Pass plus is the way forward for young drivers. Can cut the price of insurance in half if your lucky.

Think it's about 150 quid but you can ring round and tell them you been quoted cheaper. Some will come down in price

My cousin did this and got his pass plus for 50 quid and was only out of home for 2 hours rather than the full day.

He didn't care as he only wanted the paper work and not the training..

One of my lads has this, when I wanted to insure him on my vans it made sod all difference, but I have heard it's supposed to be a good thing usually.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your call was recorded "for training and quality purposes" get in touch with the insurance ombusdman.....making a complaint is fairly easy. Let the insurance company know first, they might change thei

I had just filled the feed back question on my insurance today and told them that they're ripping us off, the older we get and more ncd built up the cheaper it should get, not dearer

Scotlands transport minister has just been caught driving without insurance,humza yousaf described it as an embarrassing ommision.

The insurance company's monitor the box and I have been told from a driving instructor about a young man who had his insurance cancelled without warning and they kept his deposit.

I guess he was driving a short while without insurance?..

My lad did pass plus after he passed his test at 17. Made no difference at all. They still wanted £4000 to put him on the wife's £500 Corsa as a named driver. He didn't even drive the first year after his test.

I understand kids are a slightly higher risk than older guys, but that's nothing short of taking the piss.

Isn't it much cheaper in Wales?

I've heard of quotes of thousands back in manchester. My eldest (23) has got a lease car which is all inclusive of insurances etc which sounds like a good deal and much cheaper than buying a banger and then insuring it.

Thats the problem, she did not buy a banger, she bought a 5 grand diesel and the insurance is over a grand. The problem is that they fecking lied and said there would not be any penalty for night time driving when there clearly is. We had cheaper quotes but went with them for that reason.

TC

Over a grand id say shes doing alright ive been driving 10 years and mine over 2 grand !!

• Like 1

Tell them what they stated, if they deny it, request recorded proof. If they cannot provide that proof they should refund you. I had the same issue last year as I wanted to leave and they wasn't going to refund me my 10 months id paid up front. I did the above and they eventually refunded me in full £600.

Tell them what they stated, if they deny it, request recorded proof. If they cannot provide that proof they should refund you. I had the same issue last year as I wanted to leave and they wasn't going to refund me my 10 months id paid up front. I did the above and they eventually refunded me in full £600.

It's not an issue with the cost of the insurance, it's the fact that they told her she would not be penalised for night driving and she is. As it stands now she only has 13% no claims discount where because of her style of driving it should be at least double that.

TC

It's not an issue with the cost of the insurance, it's the fact that they told her she would not be penalised for night driving and she is. As it stands now she only has 13% no claims discount where because of her style of driving it should be at least double that.

TC

that's what im saying. They've miss sold you something. Get a refund.

Same with my son a £500 corsa £1890 a year our insurance company wouldnt touch him and we have two cars and the house insured threw them we will be moving when the renewals come threw