Any One Use Csj Food

I use to use it, but didn't like them using beet pulp.

I feed raw and used to use completes at 20% as a mixer but this feeding gave him the runs, changed to raw plus Fold hill Terrier which is just biscuit with added vitamins,tools a lot firmer, and is doing well on this diet.

Is there something bad about beet pulp? I thought cereals were the major problem in most dog food?

I had my lab on raw minced chicken carcasses and he did great and looked brilliant, added bonus = tiny sh*ts!

Since I moved I was feeding him Iams which is ridiculously expensive, I just got the no grainer to try out but I might go for a cheaper option and then try and find a good source of rabbits to mince

• 4 weeks later...

Why mince the rabbit? Why not just skin, joint & feed ? (Feed after freezing obviously) Not having a dig just genuinely curious. Atb

He lives in the house....when I gave him pig trotters we were picking pig toe nails out from the carpet for days afterwards :D

Why feed after freezing? Worms?

• Like 1

been using csj complete tripe for the last 10 months my dog loves it.

got a good shine on his coat also. and for £23 from a local farmer.

try here http://www.csjk9.com/stockists/

That's the one I've ordered next. My dog's sh*t was less firm compared to the Iams I had to feed him when he had to go off the raw.

If this is better (and it's cheaper!) I'm going to bring him back on to the raw again mixed in with the complete tripe as I think we've found a supplier here.

Poor lad has mild arthritis now so I need to think about anything to supplement his diet to help if that's even possible. For such a healthy looking dog it's shocking that he has it at 7 although in he's much healthier than me and technically he's older than me in dog years :D

no stockist near you? also you can get in touch with cjs they have a nutritionist who might be able to help with

the lads arthritis ?

Yeh good point. I'll get in touch with them, thanks for the advice.

Gutted about the dog, It's only mild but it means he is going to be restricted to 1 hour of exercise a day, we'll walk him on the lead to the beach and let him swim loads there to burn off energy but he's not going to thank us for it, all; he wants to do is hunt. The vets want him to be on anti inflammatories for life ffs :(

The complete tripe has fish oils etc in it which is one reason I am going to try it but to be honest I'm not sure any change in diet will make loads of difference now.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The complete tripe is a very good food in my opinion, we also bought a couple of sacks of little champ for the cocker until I realised that it would probably take a year for her to eat her way through it :laugh: it's cheaper and has grain in it but I now also mix it in with the tripe for the Lab. The cocker has a very sensitive gut so we are feeding her a mix of rice, chicken and little champ and the lab gets a mix of tripe and the champ just to use it up. It probably sounds weird but I think you can tell a lot from their shit, the complete tripe is the best of the 3 CSJ foods from my experience especially from the cost/result perspective.