Warning Graphic! Is This Normal In Ferreting???

ferreting can seem to be a very cruel sport at times some of the sights i have seen over the years have been brutal but that is just nature at work

animals killing is always a messy game and makes me wish i had some of those sft mouthed ferrets that come when you whistle

dont normally wait that long if your a bit slow on the spade you normally dig down to a dead rabbit

The mink wasn't in the hole very long, maybe 10-15 minutes tops, but probably less than that. When she kept bringing me back pieces of rabbit I put her away, as I knew there was something wrong. I didn't even start digging until the mink was put away. It took me over an hour to dig to it, as we don't exactly have soft luscious soil out here in the desert ha ha ha. But the time the mink was down there was not more than a few minutes.

Edited by Minkenry

Pictures like this don't do any of us any favours....everyone will have seen a rabbit in a bit of a mess if a ferrets been at it for a while...albeit probably nothing like as bad as this, but one of the reasons you won't often see it is because people have more common sense than to put graphic pictures for all to see of the uglier side of the sport. Just my opinion, why give ammunition to the unwashed, for them to use against one of the few sports we're still legally allowed to do?

• Like 6