Parks Stuff

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i like JP i could sit and listen chat with him for hours, heard mainly good things about his dogs , the man could of made a fortune when one of the inky show biz boys was up his arse but he never alw

Two rough ones

JP is a true legend, the man has a depth of knowledge to mistify the gods. To see him work and dig to a dog is special, I've yet to see anyone jell with a dog like him. Old Mick from the 80s was his t

Posted Images

Shaddy93, thanks for taken time to pm me , bayers don't get that type of smile.lol

Haha you know mate, to be honest should bay and bay but if something was being stubborn she would get right in its face, she was quite a bully for saying she was only a small bitch, as soon as she Hurd that shovel getting close then bang all hell broke loose

• Like 1

I've seen smooth terriers bred by JP over the years too but nowadays you seem to see more smooth than rough, or maybe it's just the pictures I see.

I had a red bitch for 15 years who was mostly Park breeding and she had the best coat I've ever seen on a terrier. It could only be described as hairy.

Was it the Great Yorkshire or The Welsh that used to have a cup called the John Park cup for the champion Lakeland ?

And if I remember correctly the cup for champion Patterdale was named after Ken Gould ?

Where's the smooth coats come from that you see on some terriers nowadays that carry the Park label ?

JP was always well known for breeding good solid red very rough coated terriers, often called Lakelands.

Has JP bred these smooth dogs or are they terriers with only some of his breeding in them but they still get called Park types ?

The only Parks bred terrier Ive seen was as you described Neill rough harsh wire coated terrier like his father Mick. However JPs stuff came directly out of Cyril Breays stuff which if you look at the working terrier year books 87-91 page 184 could by red smooth coated terriers like Tig, Rusty & Bonny...
  • Like 3

Two rough ones

Those two are typical of most Park terriers I've seen over the years, BUT, in saying that, there was a very good 3/4 Park 1/4 John Cowan black and tan terrier in the North a few years back and he was smooth and so were a lot of his offspring, but like I say he wasn't directly off Mr Park himself. I did breed one litter for a lad and they were over 3/4 Park breeding and although I didn't keep any I think they all came rough coated.

But maybe I've seen a lot more smooth types of this breeding but it's just the rough coated ones I remember, LOL.

It was Stanley's mother that was the outcross I think. Stanley was the result of the outcross.

Stanley Chester and brick were all litter mates there's a picture of them on the cover of an old earth dog running dog mag had a parks bred pup here about 4 yrs ago that was bred down off Stanley gifted to me by a keeper friend that knows jp well smart thing bold as brass smooth or slape coated and a deep chestnut red colour good harsh coat he's with a keeper up north now going well touch on the hard side but that's the way he likes em
  • Like 1