Shotgun Cartridges Help

First call is your local gun shop and check what he sells and the price for a slab (250 cartridges). The prices will vary for different types and to be honest as you are just starting out, I would not buy into the top competition brands. The other thing to bear in mind is that many clay shooting clubs will sell cartridges cheaper than the shops so well worth looking at. The advantage of joining a clay shoot is that you will have a great place to learn, picking up a little help from others as well as getting the low down on where to buy at the best prices if not at the club itself.

If you don't know any clay shoots, this will help you locate one or more.

http://www.shootingclubdirectory.com/

If I were to suggest a very good starter cartridge, you could do far worse than Hull Cartridge, Super Fast or Eley First Select, neither of which are expensive and both will do a good job for you on the clay ground but if you are wanting a suitable cartridge for general rough shooting or pigeon shooting, Hull Cartridge Clear Pigeon shells are both good performance at a decent price.

Good luck and let us know if you need more help

Phil

Edited by philpot
  • Like 1

Extreme hunter, thanks for the info this will certainly help, started going to spennymoor shooting club, good variety of clay ranges and the members are friendly

I think you mean 'Philpot' not that it matters. Glad you have a club to go to and one with a decent reputation. Good luck with it all and enjoy every minute.

Phil

• Like 1