Best Lurcher Youve Seen Work/run And Why?

A young lad I knew when I was little had a proper coursing blooded dog crossed with a bull grey bitch

We would walk it up to stuff and slip him and it was like a rifle , it would just kill it , dead , didn't matter what it was or what time of day or night if that dog got within 5 yards it would kill it

Genuinely never seen a dog with a desire to get hold of stuff like it, the fact it was 27 in and could really shift maybe helped

The best dog I have known round my way belonged to a terrier man alsatian greyhound never saw the dog myself but people still talk about this dog hated old Charlie with a passion the fella who owned it told me he was a one off he never had another lurcher after that

T h jake ?
that's the dog pal :)
  • Like 1

The best dog I have known round my way belonged to a terrier man alsatian greyhound never saw the dog myself but people still talk about this dog hated old Charlie with a passion the fella who owned it told me he was a one off he never had another lurcher after that

I heard of a collie greyhound like that. Hated foxes with a passion and served its owner well, fed and kept in coin. I never saw it run either. but apparently its offspring were equally superb. Cant remember the guys name, but the dog was called Merle.

• Like 4

I heard of a collie greyhound like that. Hated foxes with a passion and served its owner well, fed and kept in coin. I never saw it run either. but apparently its offspring were equally superb. Cant remember the guys name, but the dog was called Merle.

Sounds like the start of dynasty there....

• Like 4

I think they did breed off this dog but like his owner said once in a lifetime never heard of the offspring being spoke about like this dog
  • Like 1

I think they did breed off this dog but like his owner said once in a lifetime never heard of the offspring being spoke about like this dog
I wonder if anyone on here ever saw the offspring of merle run,any of them,balaam and barak for example?
  • Like 1

The best dog I ever saw run was 3/4 pure deerhound 1/4 staghound. This thing was tall,lean and had a golden shaggy coat. It could catch rabbits with ease and foxes were dispatched in a few shakes. I unfortunately never saw it on hare or deer(deer is illegal here but there is nothing I would like to see more) I did see it SMASH a few kangaroos against the owners wishes and ultimately was the dogs downfall as he couldn't stop it chasing them. When I heard he got rid of it I was devastated as this dog was something special.

• Like 3