Best Lurcher Youve Seen Work/run And Why?

Com'n then lads / lasses what's the best lurcher you've seen run and why?

It seems some people love collie x's other bull x's some love both.

( seems when ever their is a thread about one or another it turns into a dick measuring contest or slangin match )

The best lurcher I have seen run was a collie deerhound greyhound, he will take what ever is in front of him a Jack of all trades a master at none. A lurcher I would love in my kennel.

My own lurcher a Saluki whippet bull greyhound he also keeps me happy will tackle anything in front of him on the lamp, will mark warrens etc. Only problem he is injury prone and can a ignarent tw@t at times.

I have seen excellent bull greys do their job. They can run when fully fit (who ever says different hasn't seen a good one IMHO)

A collie greyhound only seen 2 run both were excellent pot fillers but none would tackle anything else. (Not saying they all like that just the 2 I have seen).

A 2nd generation 1/4 bull 3/4 greyhound dog a mate of mine had, would mark rabbits and fox, if there was a fox in the field he would blow out his cheeks so you knew there was one, if there was a fox near by in a woodland or cover he would find it, he'd retrieve rabbit live to hand and kill a fox before you could get to him, he worked with terriers and was an expert at bringing down roe and muntjac, also seen him take hare numerous times in the daytime, jack of all trades he was

• Like 3

best dog i seen run foxes is a collie/bull grey it knew when to drive and not to worked a fox hard every time foxes feet hit the ground it had to turn soon as it strighted up the dog nailed them and dispatched them in what ever form he wanted but the dog would run all day and night hunt 7 days a week an took all game and was good with live stock and a very good dog round holes marking but av seen more bad collie bulls than good ones

• Like 3

ive seen a fair few decent lamping dogs and daytime hare dogs. But the one that sticks in my mind mid 80s on was a beddy/grey best mooching/hunt up dog fur/feather i have seen just a knock about lurcher find a needle in a haystack type cracking ferreting dog also.

• Like 1

Saluki grey deerhound grey bitch i saw work as a young lad was a good dog did everything you want of a lurcher got put to a bull grey an a couple of the that litter went another level an took everything real allrounders worked with terriers lamp day time rabbits to roe they the dogs that got me addicted to the game an what iv always compared the dogs iv seen to not many come close.

best dog i seen run foxes is a collie/bull grey it knew when to drive and not to worked a fox hard every time foxes feet hit the ground it had to turn soon as it strighted up the dog nailed them and dispatched them in what ever form he wanted but the dog would run all day and night hunt 7 days a week an took all game and was good with live stock and a very good dog round holes marking but av seen more bad collie bulls than good ones

Ain't seen you posting for a while trunk.

How's the dog.he had a knock if I remember right.

yes mate av been out but thought id lost the big dog swollen prostate he stopped eating an stuff so hes on the road to recovery that was monday past hes coming round now 3 months now hes been out this season av just been using few mates dogs an stuff cheers for asking [BANNED TEXT]
  • Like 1

Best dog I have seen was a smallish wolfhound/greyhound/bull made most dogs ( including my own) look slow, she was a smart as a whip never got hurt. took everything from pigs to rabbits, once in a life time that type of dog never seen another like her and I’ve seen plenty

yes mate av been out but thought id lost the big dog swollen prostate he stopped eating an stuff so hes on the road to recovery that was monday past hes coming round now 3 months now hes been out this season av just been using few mates dogs an stuff cheers for asking [bANNED TEXT]

Hope he is ok trunk and makes a full recovery

The best dog I have known round my way belonged to a terrier man alsatian greyhound never saw the dog myself but people still talk about this dog hated old Charlie with a passion the fella who owned it told me he was a one off he never had another lurcher after that

T h jake ?

Edited by dodger