Bull Whipet

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If i wanted a bunny basher a Bull/Whippet would not figure high on my wish list.I find it a sad reflection of the lurcher scene now that folk want a mutt to utilise for its appearance over its functio

Here's a couple.

Posted Images

You would be a lot better off with a collie whippet greyhound if your after a dog for a bit of ferreting and lamping,just my opinion but half cross bull whippet is very limited in what they can do

If i wanted a bunny basher a Bull/Whippet would not figure high on my wish list.I find it a sad reflection of the lurcher scene now that folk want a mutt to utilise for its appearance over its functionality.

• Like 5

cheers stevo, each to there own morton. yet to see a dog as keen as my wee bitch. not for a minute saying shes the best dog out there but i have fun n so does she n to me thats what matters over numbers. Wont get another though as night walker says they are limited in what they can do.

cheers stevo, each to there own morton. yet to see a dog as keen as my wee bitch. not for a minute saying shes the best dog out there but i have fun n so does she n to me thats what matters over numbers. Wont get another though as night walker says they are limited in what they can do.

When folk visit this site and want a specific dog to do a specific task i find its better to point them in a direction that will firstly suit the mutt and secondly their ambition.I find it totally incredulous that some would point them towards a direction that will put another dog on the merry-go-round of unwanted jukels and another disenchanted lurcher owner.Plus anybody entering this site could do a little research first,then source something fecking suitable.Mind you nuggets and lurchers are like Rhubarb and Custard-made for each other.

When folk visit this site and want a specific dog to do a specific task i find its better to point them in a direction that will firstly suit the mutt and secondly their ambition.I find it totally incredulous that some would point them towards a direction that will put another dog on the merry-go-round of unwanted jukels and another disenchanted lurcher owner.Plus anybody entering this site could do a little research first,then source something fecking suitable.Mind you nuggets and lurchers are like Rhubarb and Custard-made for each other.

so where were you pointing anyone in the right direction? you said a bull x wouldnt be high on your list but never mentioned any x that you think is better for the job of ferreting and lamping bunnies that was asked.

Edited by ferretnhound

There's probably a few bullxwhip out there doing the job. If I was looking I would go for a collie x whippet x grey or something along those lines. Would suit for ferreting and should suit most ground for lamping. I have a saluki/collie/grew and he suites me for both. ATB with your search.

There's probably a few bullxwhip out there doing the job. If I was looking I would go for a collie x whippet x grey or something along those lines. Would suit for ferreting and should suit most ground for lamping. I have a saluki/collie/grew and he suites me for both. ATB with your search.

Thanks everybody for your advice gonna look further intoo it need to make sure i make the right choice and get the right type dog i had a collie cross 1st cross couldnt fault her brilliant for marking brilliant on lamp but after 2 years started sqautimg on the lamp put me off the collie cross! Did go for a ventre with a freind who works saluki bull grey wich was quite impressive! Like i say il keep on doing my research thanks all

I've a first cross , great brain and all guts , jumps well and has enough speed , can't complain about him at all, wouldn't have one for ferreting though as my dog does have quite abut of fire , more suited to foxes / rabbits on the lamp etc.

• Like 1