Attract The Pigeons Advice Please

iv just got a new ish permission iv had a good walk around and found my locations for my hides and where most of the game is rabbits,foxs ect

but i have noticed a few pigeons but they never come close enuf or want to land in the fields.

maybe because there isn't good food sauce for them,

so my question is what can i do to

get them feeding there? could i put food down for them to come in on ect

the flight lines arnt close tho,

iv had a few in the bag this week, just don't seem

to be interested but the rooks and corvids are in better numbers but got no decoys for them yet.

i have moved onto and started to get the pheasants moving in

and plenty of rabbit and fox so the birds are on hold

It doesnt matter whats on the land,what matters is if pigeons are interested in it. I see you didnt take my advice regarding a book. Thats the trouble with decoying when lads think they can just start and work it out. You cant just put decoys out and bring birds in. If you get it right you will have a white knuckle shooting experience. You can get through a box of 250 shells before midday and they will come thick and fast. 400 acres is nothing if it doesnt hold them unfortunately. Ive got farms that are a waste of time and one or two that pigeon like when the foods there and they fancy it. You need to build hides and learn how to keep still. You need to make an inviting picture with decoys and set your dead birds up. Theres lots to learn but first you have to be where they are already feeding if you want really good sport.

• Like 2

you wont have permission long if your farmer sees you have been putting food down for them .put hides around the tallest trees it might be you have to wait harvest time before you get your shooting in but do the hides now.dont forget to put most of your decoys facing into the wind and if you can afford it buy yourself a couple of nick taits ff5s flappers the best thing since sliced bread .I have 4 ff5 flappers and I put 1 on 1/2 a hide pole the pigeons see them for miles the more movement in your pattern the better .you can buy pigeon cradles and just put thin welding rods across to hold the wings open so they look like landing birds .some good lads on here I,am sure will give you some more tips buddy

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...