Moving House

im moving house next week and just put my shotguns into storage. was just going to move my cabinet to my new house then contact the firearms officer to come and have a look to make sure all is well. does this sound about right? also would I need to send my certificate away to change the address? any info would be appreciated, I am in central Scotland. cheers

im moving house next week and just put my shotguns into storage. was just going to move my cabinet to my new house then contact the firearms officer to come and have a look to make sure all is well. does this sound about right? also would I need to send my certificate away to change the address? any info would be appreciated, I am in central Scotland. cheers

You just need to inform your current firearms team with the details of your new address, even if you are moving from one force area to another. Put your cabinet in and they'll eventually come round and have a look when they can be bothered. Mine took 10 months to check it.

was talking to the firearms department today, ive just to put in my gun cabinet and notify them when I will be moving in permanently and can move my guns in from then, this isn't normally the case but because they don't have the man power to go around checking cabinets now. cheers for replys