Rat Bashing Assistance

with the rats getting a bit scarce or wiser at the dairy I've been looking into n/v for a few weeks now!

i like the idea of add-ons but didn't fancy one with a screen and the others are bloody pricey considering i only want it for ratting!

so I've bought a photon xt 4.6 42s :thumbs:

post-102306-0-08787400-1480458490_thumb.jpg

it was bloody freezing tonight and my mate wasn't up for ratting and i wanted to test it so i met up with him cos he's had one for a while now and i wanted to see how he gets on with his!!

i set it up at home this aft and zeroed it at 20m... all i can stretch out at home but it was a piece of pi55 and took less than a mag to put p/p

not sure if they have upped the ir, his is an xt but the bigger one and my i/r on setting 1 was out shining his on 3 so he's off to order a t20 now but my battery died mid sesh and his lasted :blink:

we didn't stop long cos it was so bloody cold but i managed two rabbits both about 40yrd retrieved one with a text book head shot and the second back flipped down the hole but I'm certain it was a clean kill, me mate saw it too and he said the same, that crack is unmistakable and you can clearly see the pellet finding home!

still feels like cheating when I'm use to the lamp!

on the way home i dropped the rabbit off at a mates and he's put me onto a new rat farm that he shoots his shotgun on.....

he described it as a sh!t hole with a massive rat problem..... perfect :thumbs:

ill be calling in on the way back from work tomorrow :laugh:

atb si

• Like 11

Iv not been shooting for ages due to fishing and busy sorting other shit but got another rat perm the other night. Bold as brass atm got 3 rapid fire its only tiny but seems a cracking little perm even has a log burner so quick peek through the door pop whatevers there then have a warm and brew and repeat. :laugh: Hopefully be back smashing some more this week as waters froze fishings a no go.

Edited by treecreeper
  • Like 1

Spot on Si one of the best nv units you can get and the only one i can use

May even look into getting another after Xmas get your self a t20 or t38 ir you will be amazed at how far you can see with one mate and it saves the battery power to A LOT BY THE WAY .

AND YOUR NOT CHEATING LIKE VM OR DAVID

AS THERE IS NO RANGE FINDER BUILT IN TO IT LOL

:whistling::laugh:

Leave it on the s510 mate she can be your nv rifle and if you do get the new rat perm your going to need the extra quick shot count :yes:

ATVBjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Spot on Si one of the best nv units you can get and the only one i can use

May even look into getting another after Xmas get your self a t20 or t38 ir you will be amazed at how far you can see with one mate and it saves the battery power to A LOT BY THE WAY .

AND YOUR NOT CHEATING LIKE VM OR DAVID

AS THERE IS NO RANGE FINDER BUILT IN TO IT LOL

:whistling::laugh:

Leave it on the s510 mate she can be your nv rifle and if you do get the new rat perm your going to need the extra quick shot count :yes:

ATVBjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

cheers jimmy

ill put a t20 on just for the battery life... but it shines way further than i can shoot and for what it cost I'm well happy :thumbs:

need to get some bigger mounts cos i cant move the scope far enough back to get proper eye relief, thats why I've taken the rubber thing off :blink:

atb si

Iv not been shooting for ages due to fishing and busy sorting other shit but got another rat perm the other night. Bold as brass atm got 3 rapid fire its only tiny but seems a cracking little perm even has a log burner so quick peek through the door pop whatevers there then have a warm and brew and repeat. :laugh: Hopefully be back smashing some more this week as waters froze fishings a no go.

sounds ace tc i could do with a bit of that.... it was -5 on the way to work yesterday!! :censored:

Si

You'd be better using the eye cup , as your eye will focus better on the reticule , also if you can get a dedicated mount for the photon that's the way to go , as said t20 stuck on will will increase

The range considerably , and you will see further than you can shoot , + the battery life on the photon will out last your trip

Atb mate

Dave

• Like 1

Try the sportsmatch adjustable mounts, that way you can optically zero the scope before you actually zero. I had the dedicated Yukon mount but nearly ran out of adjustment. As it's a digital reticule, it moves around the screen, and when you get to the extremities of adjustment it looks odd. Also I fitted a green laser to help with range finding, if you're a bit flush you could get an ir laser.

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products/mounts--rails-30mm-tube-mounts-(11mm-38-dovetails)-sportmatch-30mm-mounts/smatp61-sportsmatch-30mm-tube-2-piece-mounts-extra-high-height-adjustable-%5Batp61%5D.html

Atb Rick

• Like 1

Try the sportsmatch adjustable mounts, that way you can optically zero the scope before you actually zero. I had the dedicated Yukon mount but nearly ran out of adjustment. As it's a digital reticule, it moves around the screen, and when you get to the extremities of adjustment it looks odd. Also I fitted a green laser to help with range finding, if you're a bit flush you could get an ir laser.

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products/mounts--rails-30mm-tube-mounts-(11mm-38-dovetails)-sportmatch-30mm-mounts/smatp61-sportsmatch-30mm-tube-2-piece-mounts-extra-high-height-adjustable-%5Batp61%5D.html

Atb Rick

Si

You'd be better using the eye cup , as your eye will focus better on the reticule , also if you can get a dedicated mount for the photon that's the way to go , as said t20 stuck on will will increase

The range considerably , and you will see further than you can shoot , + the battery life on the photon will out last your trip

Atb mate

Dave

Yeah I'll have a butchers for an i/r tonight.. the one on it is bright as f, anything above level 1is too much for hunting shots! That's why I was wondering if they had altered the output cost the battery's were good ones and didn't last long at all..

Mine on 1 lit my mates up on 3!!

Yeah I was thinking about those mounts but it only needed a few klicks to get on the money... might get them regardless cos I can see it getting swapped about a bit!!!

Cheers lads

Atb si

• Like 2