How To Catch Your Urban Fox

Tomdhu

A nice video of urban fox life. To be honest I think that making that video was your ultimate goal. You have made it and proved that you could trap the foxes any time you like, so your happy. One thing I will agree with though, is unless you have a humane method of despatch, do not trap them.

As always just my opinion.

TC

You got it pretty much right. Unless I can find a mate with a .22, I will find a "reputable wildlife rescue group" and do a relocation.

Edited by Tomdhu

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just learned to use a video editor so I've put together a short movie (3:45 mins) of one of my trapping projects. Please bear with me as I'm not yet up to the standard of some of you who produce vid

When something does not add up in my mind, I tend to re-read the posts in a thread to try and get it straight in my mind. I have done this on this thread and to be honest I am somewhat confused.   I

No answer as yet despite being on line this morning? "Curiouser and curiouser said Sandra."   TC

A nice video of urban fox life. To be honest I think that making that video was your ultimate goal. You have made it and proved that you could trap the foxes any time you like, so your happy. One thing I will agree with though, is unless you have a humane method of despatch, do not trap them.

TC

You got it pretty much right. Unless I can get hold of a cattle stunner, I will find a "reputable wildlife rescue group" and do a relocation. The last one stunk my truck out.

Somthings dodgey about you.

• Like 2

It's not illegal to relocate foxes but unless you take them miles and miles away, they'll be back.

you need the land owners permission, to release them that won't happens with my farmers,

Whatt about Hampstead Heath or Wimbledon Common? Would these be OK?

TC

You got it pretty much right. Unless I can get hold of a cattle stunner, I will find a "reputable wildlife rescue group" and do a relocation.

im not sure whether your an anti or an idiot

• Like 1

Good video I catch a few in london relocation is a no no instead of getting a group to relocate why not get someone to despatch as for getting them used to the trap I wouldn't bother in town as they are so used to people the smell don't matter as for bait I use cat food in a plastic bag hang it from the inside of your trap usually catch by the 3rd day no pre bait don't trap unless you are willing to do the dirty work as well

• Like 1

Can't seem to edit above post to add all taken of the net.

I have 2 mates that work as pest controllers and need to know today's laws.

I agree it's frowned upon to release foxes, but there isn't a law against it or the rspca would be in a world of shit as they do it all the time.

Taken off the net doesn't mean it's law. If it is, I'd be very interested to know which specific law.

Nor being argumentative. i'm just interested. :thumbs:

I agree it's frowned upon to release foxes, but there isn't a law against it or the rspca would be in a world of shit as they do it all the time.

Taken off the net doesn't mean it's law. If it is, I'd be very interested to know which specific law.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/foxes-moles-and-mink-how-to-protect-your-property-from-damage try this mate :)

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/foxes-moles-and-mink-how-to-protect-your-property-from-damage try this mate :)

Nope.It just says you shouldn't transport them or relocate them as it causes stress. Same as it says you shouldn't use firearms in urban areas, when you clearly can and I have many times. It's not on the "must" and "must not" section. There's no law there, just suggestions.

As I say, I'm still sure there is no legislation as such against releasing foxes.

Nope.It just says you shouldn't transport them or relocate them as it causes stress. Same as it says you shouldn't use firearms in urban areas, when you clearly can and I have many times. It's not on the "must" and "must not" section. There's no law there, just suggestions.

As I say, I'm still sure there is no legislation as such against releasing foxes.

Well let's just say I wouldn't want to be stopped with a live one in van,besides they are much better behaved dead.:)

Well let's just say I wouldn't want to be stopped with a live one in van,besides they are much better behaved dead. :)

Agreed. I would never move one of the dirty smeller feckers anywhere except the hedge or skip. :no:

TC

You got it pretty much right. Unless I can get hold of a cattle stunner, I will find a "reputable wildlife rescue group" and do a relocation.

im not sure whether your an anti or an idiot

Anti what?

Let me clarify; I grew up in a rural area doing lots of hunting,fishing, trapping etc so I'm not a squeamish tree-hugger. I'm not sure if you are aware of just how much of a problem these urban foxes are.