Metal Detecting

Plenty of first timers have made decent finds mate,right spot right time,reverse side of the coin plenty of lads been at it years and built an impressive collection of ring-pulls,bottle tops and scraps of lead,depends howmyour luck falls on the day.

• Like 2

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lizzie the first 1560's

Found this today.....     A half penny. Nothing special but one of my first coin finds so I'm chuffed to bits. Using my new garrett ace 250 can't wait to get back out with it.

Eric Lawes,old guy who died last year,the legend goes he was going into town to get some golf clubs as he was on the very of retiring and wanted a hobby to keep himself occupied,he saw a mate of his w

Posted Images

They were quite basic years ago it was switch on and go, but now you can pay up to a couple of grand for a top of the range machine. But saying all that you have every chance of hitting the jackpot even with the lower end models! As I said previously get to know your machine understand the signals and you may well be the next hoard finder!

• Like 3

Have a look on jew tube.

Plenty videos on there on using and setting up machines. Little tricks to help you along when you start out.

I`m loving it tbh. I don`t dig to dogs anymore, only ferrets, so it`s another excuse for me to wield a spade ! lol

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I use a forum called detecting Scotland and they have big organised digs. Few guys do the research and get the permission then 40 or so members go along and pay maybe £7 or so for a days detecting.

I wanted to try that before annoying my farmers for permission in case I never stuck to it, but like I say, it`s addictive.

I`ll be hitting a long term permission next week.

• Like 1