Reverce Breed Collie Greyhounds

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Iolo full brother to Sesku and Pukerk's bitches...27"tts 5/8 collie 3/8 greyhound

I've got the sister to pukerks bitch she catches day and night, marks and flushes plenty of feather .. I will definitely take a litter from her in a few years

She lives in when we are at home but kennelled when we are at work..

Posted Images

That was a pleasant coincidence...I was thinking about Iolo a couple of days ago when reading this thread and wondered how much base blood he had as I didn't remember seeing him on here in a while. :thumbs:

Genuine question: why do most people with heavily base-blood saturated lurchers mate them to racy types or even pure sighthounds, especially after rating the original dog so much? Is it simply because of the knowledge that the pups will be more fixed in terms of percentages i.e. mating to a similar lurcher will give too much variation? As I say...genuine question.

Genuine question: why do most people with heavily base-blood saturated lurchers mate them to racy types or even pure sighthounds, especially after rating the original dog so much? Is it simply because of the knowledge that the pups will be more fixed in terms of percentages i.e. mating to a similar lurcher will give too much variation? As I say...genuine question.

I have found those litters bred from 2 heavily collie based dogs do have a large variation in type. But those that persist in continuing to breed that way are after very specific types that suit them and close friends. They also cull hard.

My preference is for bitches with a good strong collie based line. The next dog in in line is always a faster, racier type. And I invariably live to regret it. That "need for speed", though more exciting to watch, spoils the type of work I regularly expect from my dogs. But it's each to their own

• Like 2

Aye...he's a strong lad...does my job for sure!

looks a heavy lad. It must get left behind on a fair bit of stuff ? Looks like the sort to only get one chance or its away.

credit to your conditioning and feeding though he's in top top order

Also puts me in mind of a Malinois very similar shape.

looks a heavy lad. It must get left behind on a fair bit of stuff ? Looks like the sort to only get one chance or its away.

You would be very very surprised. :yes: As many on here can testament too . ;)

TC

You would be very very surprised. :yes: As many can testament too on here. ;)

TC

I don't think I would be surprised I've seen shepherds catch fair roe (accident) and I've owned a heavy bull x dog that wouldn't get near a good one out in the open but around cover rough ground and hunting up would knock over a few.

I've seen fast coursing dogs struggle sometimes when a goodun get up that that's why I asked ??

Youl never catch them all cgreen,, especially the real good ones majority of them won't be caught and will run another day but,to imply the dog looks to slow to catch is a bit daft and then saying you have seen a shepherd catch them I'd bet a wager that dog would piss all over a shepherd in a sprint looks a more then capable dog worthy of knocking roe over pitty them days are gone he's a fine dog borderscot

• Like 2

Youl never catch them all cgreen,, especially the real good ones majority of them won't be caught and will run another day but,to imply the dog looks to slow to catch is a bit daft and then saying you have seen a shepherd catch them I'd bet a wager that dog would piss all over a shepherd in a sprint looks a more then capable dog worthy of knocking roe over pitty them days are gone he's a fine dog borderscot

Pics don't do that dog justice. He's a big strong lad in the flesh and got real good shape to him. He can definitely run.

there's a qestion mark at the end of my sentence lads could be wrong it's only a picture but bieng 1/4 running dog I'd expect it to be abit slower than most other lurchers as I say could be wrong and the dog is in good fit condition obviously. Still it ain't me who puts that time in so I'll say no more all the best ??