Reverce Breed Collie Greyhounds

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Iolo full brother to Sesku and Pukerk's bitches...27"tts 5/8 collie 3/8 greyhound

I've got the sister to pukerks bitch she catches day and night, marks and flushes plenty of feather .. I will definitely take a litter from her in a few years

She lives in when we are at home but kennelled when we are at work..

Posted Images

I must be one of those rare people who do not give a fig if I catch or not when I go out these days. That said, it is always nice to come home with something for your effort. The numbers game, the best dog game I have been through them all. But we all see sense in the end and a reverse 3/4 bed collie would do me fine now. Fast enough to take a few on the lamp and with more brain than me, perhaps it could teach an old dog a few new tricks?

TC

How's your shy pup you got coming on?

I must be one of those rare people who do not give a fig if I catch or not when I go out these days. That said, it is always nice to come home with something for your effort. The numbers game, the best dog game I have been through them all. But we all see sense in the end and a reverse 3/4 bed collie would do me fine now. Fast enough to take a few on the lamp and with more brain than me, perhaps it could teach an old dog a few new tricks?

TC

How's your shy pup you got coming on?

It's not. It fecking hates me, fine with the rest of the family bit of a chewer but it will only ever be a pet. All be it a good looking one, but a pet none the less.

TC

Edited by Tiercel
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Apologies for a late addition to the thread but I've not been on the forum for about three weeks: I had a 3/4 collie 1/4 greyhound back in the early 90s and he had an amazing coat and stamina.

Re the amount of patoral blood to have in a lurcher I completely agree with all those who've stated above that it depends on your ground and what you're using them for. Like Tiercel said in an earlier post; I'm definitely not into the numbers game and anything I catch is a plus to an enjoyable walk/hike/mooch with the dogs but, due to the heavily undergrowth-strewn woodland and small fields with thick hedgerows where I tend to "take a stroll," I've caught more with my pure herding dogs than my previous half crosses. Each to their own. ;)

• Like 1

Hancock has a litter advertised I believeFEDBE54F-F0FB-4C0B-885E-27D5E5AE29D7_zps

I often go on for a nose and they deleted the post. So either it went wrong or they sold the lot.
Bitch had 2 pups both were booked
  • Like 1

Horses for course really . From what I seen on DVDs and post on hear a 3/4 collie would be a freezer filler if you work ground like up the dales or heavy cover, from what I've been told by lads who have lamped it that up the moors and the dales you don't need the blistering speed where as down here in midlands you need a good fast up and at them type dog ..

That dog off Clayton on that shooting time thing a rabbit bolts runs out the set in to the field the dog chases it and it runs back in. Some mite say wey it's back in the set to dig it back out but the grass was a foot long off course it should have killed it.ya mite as well just take a pure collie there's no difference both slow as they come

That dog off Clayton on that shooting time thing a rabbit bolts runs out the set in to the field the dog chases it and it runs back in. Some mite say wey it's back in the set to dig it back out but the grass was a foot long off course it should have killed it.ya mite as well just take a pure collie there's no difference both slow as they come Ians dog Dan is 11 years old now he,s been a excellent ferreting dog to Ian, its each to their own it aint all about speed, I take it you don't like heavy saturated collie types. regards collie john.