Reverce Breed Collie Greyhounds

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Iolo full brother to Sesku and Pukerk's bitches...27"tts 5/8 collie 3/8 greyhound

I've got the sister to pukerks bitch she catches day and night, marks and flushes plenty of feather .. I will definitely take a litter from her in a few years

She lives in when we are at home but kennelled when we are at work..

Posted Images

Looks like a collie but each to their own and good lucpk with her

Being 5/8 collie I didn't expect any different..

Most pics I've seen of a reverse bred they just look like a leggy working collie but a brownish colour.not the black n white.

But like you say they going to be like a pure simply from the fact they are nearly lol

Yea I know I was stating the obvious there but the point I was trying to make was, as a fella said earlier, would you not be better of with a straight half ? Would it not have the heartiness and brains plus a wee bit more boot ?

But most half's look like lurchers..

I want a mutt that looks like a collie so it passes off as a collie so to not draw unwanted attention... And for the type of hunting it'll be doing it'd be grand

• Like 5

Its each to their own to those detractors of the cross dont judge one till youve seen them work, ive had one and she was a excellent dog caught loads of rabbits in the day and on the lamp long ears has well infact she had 115 in her lifetime 9 one night, Mick Dadd witnessed this and was gobsmacked she was pretty racey has well, i have a dog whats out of Ian Claytons Reverse Threequarter Dan to my bitch Gwen he is the double of Dan and hes a cracking dog both on fur and feather i love his style of work and his loyalty to me those that have seem him work will second that and i have worked my dogs on all terrains up and down the country so its each to their own. regards collie john.

• Like 7

Heavily collie saturated lurchers would not suit most peoples expectations of a running dog, But as ratching dogs on hill ground and woodland I've always found them to be the most reliable of partners. I don't think I'd ever be without one, but strangely, pure bred collies are most often the ones that have done my nut in.

• Like 3

over the years we have had a few colliexback to working lurcher and all were decent enough, i've been out with 3 different reverse 3/4 and all were useful . the "mixes"i have seen (5/8, reverse 5/8) are a very variable bunch, some almost pure collie some almost pure grey and pot luck what you get. these days i have have access to some collie/grey lines which go back over 30 years, not a type or line as such just a family bred from my mates bitches put to any local collie cross earning its keep. and yes there are useful dogs about in any of these crosses. but my poiont to the OP was that if i were to buy a dog in it would be a first cross rather than a reverse 3/4 every time. i will try to find some photos later

• Like 2