Mounting Photon On Browning T-Bolt

Hi All

Can anyone recommend mounts for the Browning T-Bolt to get the required eye relief?. Also I am thinking about buying a Tikka .223 in the new year and I would like to be able to use the Photon on both rifles.

Thanks

I have picatinny rails on all my rifles and swap my Photon as and when required. By using good quality rings (e.g. Leupold QRW) I can achieve no change in POI from the time that I zeroed the rifle. Obviously you will have to keep a record of the X&Y coordinates for each rifle zero. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Hi All

Can anyone recommend mounts for the Browning T-Bolt to get the required eye relief?. Also I am thinking about buying a Tikka .223 in the new year and I would like to be able to use the Photon on both rifles.

Thanks

I have picatinny rails on all my rifles and swap my Photon as and when required. By using good quality rings (e.g. Leupold QRW) I can achieve no change in POI from the time that I zeroed the rifle. Obviously you will have to keep a record of the X&Y coordinates for each rifle zero. :thumbs:

Same, IMO it's the only way! ?

• Like 1

Check out my posts below on Photon mounts I used for my Tikka M595.

Only way to do it IMO

ATB.

I'd already read your posts, I was going buy the SW-30 mount from Scot Country but they said it would not fit the Browning, what type of base is the SW-30 mount? my Browning has two weaver bases 20mm.

Can you recommend a Picatinny rail for the Browning?

Thanks

Thanks

Only way to do it IMO

ATB.

I'd already read your posts, I was going buy the SW-30 mount from Scot Country but they said it would not fit the Browning, what type of base is the SW-30 mount? my Browning has two weaver bases 20mm.

Thanks

Thanks

These guys sell top quality rails for most rifles;

http://www.tier-one.eu/scope-rails.html

I'd then advise buying the one-piece Photon mount made by Yukon. It was £60 from Nightmaster UK. Both the rail & mount were around £100 together.

Using this method, I can swap quickly between the Photon and my day scope. The day scope has Leopold QRW mounts.

POI is pretty much spot on, and I can swap between the two scopes in minutes. Also, using this method, I didn't need to shim or use adjustable mounts, due to the Photons inherently high position of the cross hairs.

On the cross hairs, mines is adjusted to -23 which is tolerable in terms of cross hair position in the viewfinder.

I covered the issue in another post.

Hope this helps.

ATB

Only way to do it IMO

ATB.

Thanks

Thanks

These guys sell top quality rails for most rifles;

http://www.tier-one.eu/scope-rails.html

I'd then advise buying the one-piece Photon mount made by Yukon. It was £60 from Nightmaster UK. Both the rail & mount were around £100 together.

Using this method, I can swap quickly between the Photon and my day scope. The day scope has Leopold QRW mounts.

POI is pretty much spot on, and I can swap between the two scopes in minutes. Also, using this method, I didn't need to shim or use adjustable mounts, due to the Photons inherently high position of the cross hairs.

On the cross hairs, mines is adjusted to -23 which is tolerable in terms of cross hair position in the viewfinder.

I covered the issue in another post.

Hope this helps.

ATB

Thanks for that, I contacted Tier-One but they only make rails for the A & X Bolt. I've done a search and cannot find anyone who make rails for the T-Bolt. Reading earlier posts there a "Mr P" member who has a Photon on the T-Bolt, I'll try and contact him.

Thanks

Managed to find a spare hour this morning to check the Photon on the T-Bolt. It is zeroed at 50 yards and I was shooting Winchester Subs. The weather was bright, mild and almost windless. I was shooting air rifle type targets with a black centre.

At 50 yards I managed a 10 round group spread over 1and a quarter inches and at 75 yards a ten round group spread over 2 and a quarter inches. There is a 1 and three quarter inch drop in the average point of impact on the 75 yard target compared to the 50 yard target (in other words I had to aim 1 and three quarter inches above centre to hit the centre at 75 yards).

My Photon is on cheap Hawke mounts with a slice of beer can placed under the rear mount and dialled at +2 windage and -25 elevation.

I'm still very impressed with the T bolt, it's a top quality rifle. In better hands it would be more accurate I'm sure.

I'm using up the last of my stock of Winchester Subs, after reading plenty of comments and reviews I've stocked up on Eley. I haven't shot any yet though...

Hope that helps.

Managed to find a spare hour this morning to check the Photon on the T-Bolt. It is zeroed at 50 yards and I was shooting Winchester Subs. The weather was bright, mild and almost windless. I was shooting air rifle type targets with a black centre.

At 50 yards I managed a 10 round group spread over 1and a quarter inches and at 75 yards a ten round group spread over 2 and a quarter inches. There is a 1 and three quarter inch drop in the average point of impact on the 75 yard target compared to the 50 yard target (in other words I had to aim 1 and three quarter inches above centre to hit the centre at 75 yards).

My Photon is on cheap Hawke mounts with a slice of beer can placed under the rear mount and dialled at +2 windage and -25 elevation.

I'm still very impressed with the T bolt, it's a top quality rifle. In better hands it would be more accurate I'm sure.

I'm using up the last of my stock of Winchester Subs, after reading plenty of comments and reviews I've stocked up on Eley. I haven't shot any yet though...

Hope that helps.

Hi Mr P

I'm trying to mount the Photon on my Browning T-Bolt, and can you tell me what bases and mounts you have used?. Have you used the Photon SW-30 mount? The scope needs to come back 3" - 4" to get the required eye relief.

Thanks

flfair

Hi Mr P

I'm trying to mount the Photon on my Browning T-Bolt, and can you tell me what bases and mounts you have used?. Have you used the Photon SW-30 mount? The scope needs to come back 3" - 4" to get the required eye relief.

Thanks

flfair

Hello, I didn't know Yukon made the SW 30 so I've just checked them out on the Nightmaster site. Do you know if it will sit on the Weaver rails on the T-Bolt ? It doesn't look like there is enough of a space between the two fixings on the SW 30 to bridge the gap between the 2 Weaver rails on the rifle.

I would really like to mount my Photon on an adjustable extended one piece mount to bring the scope further back. The location of the weaver rails on the T Bolt limits the options though. I'll be interested to hear how you get on.