Hello to everyone,

I would like to hear from any particular members of their particular experiences with any binoculars they have at present, or have had in times gone by? Do any members go for the inexpensive type model or do they pay high prices for their optics regarding their viewing pleasures? Although many members will have the knowledge regarding the leading players in the world of optics, i.e. Carl Zeiss, Swarovski, Leica. However, there are nowadays many other companies that make some outstanding binoculars and telescopes of which haven't got the wonderful pedigree such as the above brands in the optic world.

As the technology increases, the optic world like photography can become a somewhat daunting experience when trying to choose a particular model.

Other companies have entered the game such as Nikon, Vortex,Kowa and many others in order to try and catch up with the prestigious brands in the optic world.

My experiences with binoculars have always been aimed at the leading 3 big players in the game as the above described.

I have in my collection certain Leica, Zeiss and Swarovski. However, I am becoming increasingly interested in the Nikon brand of which make wonderful optics. I am also aware that certain individuals on the "Hunting life forum" have in their possession the some of the Vortex binoculars and it would be of interest to hear of any reviews regarding such binoculars.

I thought it would be a better idea to keep this topic very simple without exploring the more complicated issues of the world of optics.

Hoping to hear from any fellow enthusiasts.

Regards, Lutra....

Hello to everyone,

I would like to hear from any particular members of their particular experiences with any binoculars they have at present, or have had in times gone by? Do any members go for the inexpensive type model or do they pay high prices for their optics regarding their viewing pleasures? Although many members will have the knowledge regarding the leading players in the world of optics, i.e. Carl Zeiss, Swarovski, Leica. However, there are nowadays many other companies that make some outstanding binoculars and telescopes of which haven't got the wonderful pedigree such as the above brands in the optic world.

As the technology increases, the optic world like photography can become a somewhat daunting experience when trying to choose a particular model.

Other companies have entered the game such as Nikon, Vortex,Kowa and many others in order to try and catch up with the prestigious brands in the optic world.

My experiences with binoculars have always been aimed at the leading 3 big players in the game as the above described.

I have in my collection certain Leica, Zeiss and Swarovski. However, I am becoming increasingly interested in the Nikon brand of which make wonderful optics. I am also aware that certain individuals on the "Hunting life forum" have in their possession the some of the Vortex binoculars and it would be of interest to hear of any reviews regarding such binoculars.

I thought it would be a better idea to keep this topic very simple without exploring the more complicated issues of the world of optics.

Hoping to hear from any fellow enthusiasts.

Regards, Lutra....

Apologies, but I failed to mention that Leica have produced their new product binoculars, the "Leica Noctivid".

I have Zeiss bino's however I'm amazed at the quality of Nikon rifle scopes so would have no problems in having a pair of thier binos, remember Nikon make some of the best quality photograph optics around.

Hello Seeker, from our first encounters in the fields when very young we could only dream of the big players in the game of sporting optics which of course included: Carl Zeiss, Swarovski and Leica . "I can remember receiving a pair of (Commodore) Binoculars from our parents, and reflecting upon the situation, they didn't suit our needs at the time, mainly birdwatching was our chosen interest but when we got older and with work and money in our pockets we started to really look at the really high-end optics. Nowadays I have several Leica pairs, only one pair of Zeiss which are the 10x40 classics and also have perhaps my favourites, the Swarovski 10x42 EL model. As also I'm always on the look out to purchase any good condition bins at the right price for my collection. Seeker, what type model are the Zeiss you have.

I'm not exactly an optics guru so what I say might not mean much. If I was minted then I'd go out and buy a 2 grand pair of Swaros but seeing as I'm not my Vortex Vipers really are as good as I could ask for, I don't feel under gunned with them and am very satisfied. Maybe the Razors are on par with the premium brands, I don't know.

Minox was a unknown quality and a very good brand but I think they were bought out awhile back. I believe there cost has risen too. I think Vortex the HD model are the poormans binoculars now. If it was me I'd stay with at least 12 power range.

I have the Zeiss Conquest 8 x 42. They are incredible for the money. I fancied a pair of the Leica rangefinder bino's but couldn't justify £2K+

I agree with this, and when you read into it, only 2 yr warranty on the range finder part, you get more than that on a cheap TV, I know at least 50% is added by the retailer, they have a massive mark up on them,it really is rip off Britain, at least with zeise or Swarovski you get a substantial warranty, again though not on any rangefinder parts of the equipment, which is bad really, at the end of the day, I won't be shooting deer beyond 300 yd, and if I can't judge that, then it's time to move on,