Shocking Mr Hancock

And I'm not saying because it is from a certain line it will be good. Same as all the dogs ever bred...just cos the parents were good the offspring could be shit

BUT you will have more of a chance of getting a good hunting dog from proven working parents than from a failed track dog crossed to a mungrolised collie that's never left his pen ......
maybe you will maybe you won't. You can't guarantee anything.

Got no problem with my pup, regards to wondering if he has the drive to chase etc he like shit off a shovel the other night at 9 months old. Once he matures abit more il be sure to let everyone know how shit he is. He will never be any good cos his parents never done days work lol

No need to play the victim fella ... nobody said your pup was going to be shit ... I've trained and raced greyhounds to open class level so I know that using the best greyhound will give you the best chance ... and it's common sense that workers will have more chance of producing workers than on workers .......

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C'mon fellah,.this is a hunting man's Forum.... Give or take a few personality clashes,...we are all brothers in arms.... The guy sells jukels,..he ain't a nonce,...   It is not a good thing to

According to mine I regularly had threesomes with the Kylie and Danni minogue.

I find it funny that people are shocked by this, both Hancock and Plummer were a pair of bullshitters back in the day, who never done any real work, those same old chicken sheds that are full of ex ra

While you have idiots with money, you will always have an Hancock

I'm not an idiot and I'm not made of money.

It's because of all the idiots out for money is the real reason I went to him.

Rather a pup off him than some lying chancing c**t. I like I say time n time again, I know boys that work them from he dogs I had mine from and they do enough to please me

Though I'd never get a pup off a puppy farmer like Hancock I can see the appeal of being 100% about the origins of your litter.

I found out about a year after I got him that my current lurcher isn't what I was told he was,and the fella was just struggling to shift the pups.

• Like 3

Well I must say I'm shocked by this guy

My mate has gone on for yrs about buying a pup bred by Hancock so off we go to view at kennels the stuff this said truly surprised me none of his dogs have worked studs dogs

I said do you look for certain types of greyhounds to use he responded by saying they are just carriers of pups the litter take nothing from the greyhound for hunting ability they are just there for a carcass to carry young

I expressed that the greyhound was bred hunting dog he said they dumb free to good home breeding carcass that's all

I'm confused Mr Hancock why use them or have 100 plus of them if there no good for hunting oh he did say and saly did say that they don't want black greyhounds cause people don't buy black and white pups no more fancy colours are what the market want

When I challenged him over the use of greyhounds he said I'm cold I'm going in doors if your not buying a pup .so we left without a pup

What a stupid thing to say Mr Hancock and tbh shame on you

Sounds like a c**t

It's because of all the idiots out for money is the real reason I went to him.Rather a pup off him than some lying chancing c**t. I like I say time n time again, I know boys that work them from he dogs I had mine from and they do enough to please me

Though I'd never get a pup off a puppy farmer like Hancock I can see the appeal of being 100% about the origins of your litter.

I found out about a year after I got him that my current lurcher isn't what I was told he was,and the fella was just struggling to shift the pups.

I think your spot on there, people go there to get a collie lurcher probably because they are led to believe their easy to train. You don't see many collie lurcher litters for sale and this year the few I have seen some are wanting 350-400 a pup on pets4homes.

Bit off topic.......I had to laugh the other day i was in a local animal food shop and pinned on the sale board was an advert for lurchers...about £250/300....little description and pics of dam and sire.

Sire....deerhound/ greyhound first cross.....it was a tall, short haired bull cross.....Unbelieveable.

There as much chance of a Hancock lurcher been shit as 90% of the other lurchers that are been bred out there. Your lucky to get hold of the other 10% percent because there either snapped up or gifted and some of them won't be top notch.

• Like 1

Rather a pup off him than some lying chancing c**t. I like I say time n time again, I know boys that work them from he dogs I had mine from and they do enough to please me

Do your research and do a bit of digging.....there's been a few litters of collie lurchers on here (that maybe had a bit of something else) buying off him is just keeping the peddling going .

I think buying off him is down to laziness ,

The canine equivalent of buying online from a supermarket.

with any pup I buy I'd be asking questions about parents ,grandparents ,etc what work they've done what I can expect from my pup ,if I wasn't sure I'd walk away.

not a lot of work for the time they give you.

Do your research and do a bit of digging.....there's been a few litters of collie lurchers on here (that maybe had a bit of something else) buying off him is just keeping the peddling going .

with any pup I buy I'd be asking questions about parents ,grandparents ,etc what work they've done what I can expect from my pup ,if I wasn't sure I'd walk away.

hardly lazy I looked for a year, had my name put down on litters and never heard a peep off them...I ain't chasing people for pups if my names supposedly down on them.

I dont buy this people saying Hancock was the only option.I remember breeding a litter of lurchers in 1984 out of two good honest lurcher to lurcher bred dogs that i owned and was asking no were near the price Hancock was asking but even then lads would have rather have gone and got one of Hancock though then it was down to all the bullshit wrote about them in books and the shooting news.

It's because of all the idiots out for money is the real reason I went to him.Rather a pup off him than some lying chancing c**t. I like I say time n time again, I know boys that work them from he dogs I had mine from and they do enough to please me

hardly lazy I looked for a year, had my name put down on litters and never heard a peep off them...I ain't chasing people for pups if my names supposedly down on them.

Didn't you ask me for a pup then change your mind ???

• Like 1

No I didn't change my mind mate. But your right I did ask and you reply was that you already got a few lads names down,but will keep me in mind and that one might pull out. as it happened you had a tribe, Edited by Somewhereyournot

They where obviously in demand then and they chose to sell them to others .

so I'm to keep waiting on the hope of getting a collie x from home bred litter? I made my choice and I'm happy with it he's a belting little dog.

I don't agree with Hancock ways etc but end of the day I got what I wanted, infact, I got more than I wanted he's easy to get on with, quick learner but not complicated amd I domt hear him.

• Like 2

No I didn't change my mind mate. But your right I did ask and you reply was that you already got a few lads names down,but will keep me in mind and that one might pull out. as it happened you had a tribe,

Ah yes I sort of remember ... didn't you want a bitch and I only had a few ? Something like that wasn't it ? ... anyway good luck with your pup ......